Talking Back & Dementor Attack

CHAPTER SIX:

Third Person P.O.V.:

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Dumbledore addressed them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the Hall.

"I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added, looking specifically at Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important, "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Albus paused, about to the leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing..."

One casual wave of his wand, the long tables flew to the edges of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of light purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Dumbledore, who had his eyes locked on his grandson before closing the door behind him.

The Hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on now, no more talking. Lights out in ten minutes!"

"C'mon," Charlie said to Harry, Ron and Hermione; they seized four sleeping bags and dragged them into a corner.

"Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispered anxiously as she was setting up her sleeping bag.

"Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Harry, causing Charlie to gulp.

The brown eyed boy was worried because if Sirius Black was in the castle, what would that mean for his grandfather? For goodness sakes, he was currently out looking for a murderer.

"It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Hermione, as they climbed fully dressed into their sleeping bags and propped themselves on their elbows to talk. "The one night we weren't in the Tower..."

"I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run," Ron said as he looked up at the enchanted ceiling. "Didn't realise it was Halloween. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

Hermione shuddered in fear.

Charlie noticed this and he quickly, out of sight from Ron or Harry, reached out in front of him, where Hermione's sleeping bag was, and interlocked their hands. The bushy haired girl was startled at first from the contact, but it took her less than two seconds to realize who it was, and she was instantly calmed from his touch.

She turned over slightly to see his chocolate brown eyes staring back into hers which were accented with his famous comforting smile.