45

We made sure there was extra security at the wedding, and Ricardo's men surrounded the guests.

"Dear friends and family. We're gathered here today, to witness the joining of two lost souls, that have found each other."

"Do you, Ricardo Romano, take Ariel Black to be your wife? To wipe her tears. To face her moods everyday..." I let out a chuckle.

"To care for her and love her until death keep you together?"

He looked into my eyes.

"I do."

"And do you, Ariel Black, take Ricardo Romano to be your husband? To accept him as part of yourself. To love him, till death keep you together?"

"I do."

"You may kiss the briiidee." She sang and I didn't even have time to blink before his lips were on mine.

It felt as if the world around us melted away...until Rocco tapped Ricardo's shoulder.

"Save some for the honeymoon bro." He whispered and I turned to realise everyone was watching and felt my cheeks turn red.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!!" Irina said in a manly voice with a posh accent, making everyone laugh.

Everyone cheered and clapped, and tables were set for food.

I sat next to Ricardo at a big table with our families.

I felt his hand make its way up my dress. This man amazes me everyday, how did he even find the entrance.

I glanced at him as he mischievously smirked. The heat from his palm radiated onto my skin on my thigh, and he got closer and closer to my center.

"Right Ricardo?" His father asked, snapping him out of his trance.

"Yes." He muttered, not even knowing what his father asked.

"Guys, I have some news." Rocco hurried towards us.

"There's an attack planned, you two have to get out of here."

My and Ricardo looked at each other calmly, already expecting something bad to happen.

Everyone starts to run around in panic.

A few of Riccardo's men straps parachutes on Ariel and himself.

Ricardo pats Rocco's back as a quick farewell.

Gunshots and distant bombs explode out of nowhere, before the newly wed couple held hands and ran towards the helicopter parked at the edge of the cliff.

They sat inside and buckled themselves up, and the pilot took off, already knowing his orders. As they lifted high and zoomed over the ocean, they met each others gazes.

"So, what are our plans Mr Romano?" Ariel asked. Ricardo looked at their enjoined hands, his gaze burning with more passion when they returned to hers.

"Anything you want. You say, I follow."

He leaned over towards Ariel and pressed his lips against hers, as they set off into their new beginning.

The end...

___________________________________

I've finally completed my first story! 💕