First Day of Fall

First day of Sophomore year and Maddie couldn't be happier that Gossip Girl was down.

She wanted nothing more than for a day free of the wanna be princess posts or Chuck's new girl. A day where Maddie just got to be a normal New Yorker attending college.

"Good morning" Maddie greeted as she walked into the dining room to have breakfast with her dad.

When she arrived two mornings ago, she and her dad had a big talk. They talked about everything from school, to her mother and even the drama with Chuck.

Her father promised to put the past behind them and strive for more normalcy.

"Any gossip gal posts?" Her father asked.

"Gossip girl and no, thank god. Looking forward to just getting to know my professors and start some schoolwork" Maddie said popping some grapes into her mouth.

"Are you meeting Blair and Serena?"

"Oh yes. I was about to be late. Thank you" Maddie said kissing her father on the cheek before running out of the penthouse.

The three met on campus to walk around for a little bit before class.

"Gossip girl is still down. That means she can't post about me" Blair whined.

"Good thing about no gossip girl is I don't have to here about Chuck" Maddie said.

"What about you S. You're the only who has to start college with an ex-boyfriend loose on campus" Blair pointed out.

"The same boy I thought you were going to get back with" Maddie said trying to fill in on all the gossip she had missed.

"No he's dating some blonde bimbo named Juliet" Blair said.

"Nate and I are friends and at least the guy you were coming back to confess your love for doesn't have a baby with an enemy" Serena joked.

"Dan has a baby"

"With Georgina. His name is Milo" Serena said with a strange smile showing she wasn't happy about it.

"So I can only expect that Blair had other intentions when calling this get together before class" Maddie said with a raised eyebrow at Blair.

"It's true. We all need to find the keys to the Hamilton House to give to the key master" Blair said.

"Oh the secret society Nate is in" Serena said.

"Had he told you that? It's so secret you should never divulge information" Blair said offended.

"No I've only speculated" Serena said reassuring Blair it was still a big secret.

"Well then let's go find our new accessories" Maddie said linking arms with the girls as they walked around the rest of the campus.

The stopped at the suspected meeting place where they ran into Penelope.

"Standards must have lowered if they let you in" Blair commented.

"My ancestors started it" Penelope commented.

Nepotism" Blair scoffed. They three walked further into to be met by someone Maddie hadn't met before.

"Oh no it's her" Serena whined.

"You know the key master?" Maddie questioned.

"It's Nate's girlfriend, Juliet" Blair said.

"We are here to get our keys. Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodsen and Madeline Rose" Blair introduced. The blonde didn't look to pleased.

"Uh, I hate it when best friends show up. I only have two keys left" Juliet informed them.

"Hey it's okay we can get a new meeting place like Starbucks or the library" Blair said with some disgust.

"Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf" Juliet said handing out the keys.

The moment was interrupted by a gossip girl blast that spilled all that had happened in the last 48 hours including Maddie not receiving a key to the Hamilton House.

"I'm sorry Madeline but this club is for members only" Juliet said.

"Great. I'll see myself out. See you guys later" Maddie said turning on her heel and leaving the two inside.

Maddie stood outside unsure of what to do now with a break before her class.

"Maddie" Blair called out

"We don't have to accept" Serena began.

"Any club that doesn't all of us is a club we don't want to be in" Blair continued.

"Seriously. S, B accept. I would never stand in the way of your guy's social progress. Anyways I think the Hamilton House isn't for me. I'm not even sure if I'll be back in the spring" Maddie said with a smile.

While she was upset about not receiving the invite she didn't want the other two to sense it.

"Dinner tonight. All three of us. Tavern?" Blair asked. Maddie shook her head yes before the two ran back inside. 

Maddie decided to head to class early and get a good seat.

Later that night Maddie was waiting in her bedroom and decided to call Blair and Serena to see how far away they were.

Blair had informed her that the two were caught up with House things and would have to take a rain check. Maddie hung up already regretting coming back to New York.