The Call

RISHI

Within a few days my life has completely turned up side down. First I now am engaged to none other than my new neighbor and now I have to talk to her father.

"Young man!" His voice brings me back to the current situation.

That's just great!

"Sir." I give a curt nod.

"So...You love Aisha?"

I just stare blankly at the man with grey hair. I...I love...Aisha.... And before I can ponder on the thought further, I see the man raising his eye brows and looking at me intently.

"I..love..Aisha..." The words roll out of my mouth and it seems foreign out of my mouth.

Come one Rishi! Gather yourself.

"I love Aisha." Thankfully it comes out more confidently this time. No doubt the words still stings on my tongue but it seems properly pronounced now that before.

He seems to relax at my confidence. The general talks about my family and my career goes on and I answer with ease. In the back of my mind I myself is shocked at the ease I am able to answer the question. He seems to be really into the culture and specifically asks me if I drink or smoke. Now I know why Aisha was so particular to find a guy.

This man demands particular characteristics.

"What is it in Aisha that grabbed your attention?" His is staring right back at me.

"Aisha..." I say her name out a loud. Honestly its funny how I am testing her name right in front of her father! I've got guts, no seriously!

'My father likes honesty. Just don't try to sugarcoat any answer okay?' Aisha's words ring in my mind.

"Well, I like how utterly stubborn your daughter is." What the hell just came out of my mouth?

The man on the phone screen frown but remains silent. Well technically I may not be lying, the girl is extremely stubborn and because of her rash and stubborn nature we are in this particular absurd situation, but that's what is different about her.

"She is very stubborn and rash with her actions. She often lands herself in trouble." I see the man give a small smile and maybe he just got remembered of something.

"But; that's what is different about her. She never sugarcoats things, keeps me on my toes. She cares for everyone around her. She likes to live life to the fullest. At times I am so closed off that I don't ever let anyone reach out to me but I believe your daughter has everything in her to bring me out of that nut shell. She is strong and no matter how infuriating she can be, I always have this thing to protect her. There is just this weird energy in her that attracts me. I can't explain much......"

And honestly, I couldn't. I was beyond shock for the honesty I just spoke out. It actually sends shiver down my spine that I just spoke words which I had never even shared with myself out aloud even in the solitude of my washroom, never.

The man on the screen had a smile on his face and I have the smile on my face too. The girl's got her father's contagious smile.

"You love her." It didn't seem like a question this time and with a smile I just nodded.

"Take care of her boy. Will you?" The man has a seriousness in his tone and instantly I sincerely nod and say, "Always." I should be shocked with the sincerity in my voice but I am not and nerves hit me with the call is disconnected.

Damn what the hell have I gotten myself into? The man seemed to like me. That gives this weird calmness to my erratically beating heart.

But why does it matter that her father like me? I must be out of my mind for saying such things to her father. Maybe the man thought I was stupid and he tells her to leave me. Yes, that will be better. Yes, which father likes her daughter to be called stubborn and rash?

Then there is this knock on my door and opening softly Aisha steps in. Thank the heaven she has changed to pajamas covering her long legs. I shouldn't be disappointed.

She has a frown on her face. Shit I really messed up.

"Look I-"

"How?" Shutting the door and walking inside she continues but with a grin.

"How did you do it? My father loves you!"

"What? Are you serious?" I have my own grin as she sits beside me. Our shoulders brush and don't know if she noticed.

"Yes." She breathes out.

We sit silently and I can't complain that the silence is awkward. It feels like we have won a part of our battle, now the other part is just my family.

"So what-"

"Now-"

We stare at each other for a moment and then burst out laughing.

Some thing must be wrong with me? Honestly it has been quite a while I had a laugh like this. And for what? Silly things never made me laugh so hard in a long time but something is different with this girl right beside me.

She is beautiful, no doubt she is attractive, smart, witty and fierce.

"You go ahead."

"Well, now that we have y parents into it, by the way what did you guys talk about? Honestly he just told me and I quote, 'Aisha you have the perfect guy for you. He is a great choice and I am proud of you'" She opens he mouth to continue but abruptly stops.

Lifting an eyebrow I encourage her to continue.

"Um..he said that ..you love me and that it's a great thing."

"Oh" That's the only thing that came out of my mouth.

********************

Thank you all for bearing with me! I know its after long that a chapter is up but I am so glad that there are people in this world who are willing to give this story a chance.

That makes me super happy! Can't tell you how much! 

So yes this story is going to be a bit slow (sorry for that) but because I always want it to be just PERFECT! 

Hoping for your love and support! :)