Chapter 31: August's POV

It was a full on pillow fight, and clearly I was losing. I haven't felt this happy in a while, I was giggling every time I managed to whack him upside the head. One of my feather pillows had busted open, covering the room in white. I was trying to keep myself balanced as I stood on the bed. Alexandre was trying to keep himself steadied on his knees, giving me the upper hand.

He dropped his pillow, holding his hands up in surrender. "You win, you win." I dropped my pillow and I threw my hands in the air in victory. I flopped myself down on the bed, sitting in front of Alexandre, who had a big grin on his face. He had a few feathers sticking out of his obsidian hair. He's adorable, he might be the big scary Alpha but, he honestly looked as mighty as a newborn pup letting out their first howl.

I laid down on the bed and he did the same. We were face to face with each other, making me take in his mesmerizing eyes. I feel a blush raise to my cheeks and I look away.

I clear my throat. "Anyways, tell me about yourself."

"Well, I don't have much to say about myself if we're being honest here. All I do is train and every once and awhile I'll get a break to do something fun like go to the lake or something. Sometimes I'll hang out with Onyx, but honestly I don't know much about myself." He trailed off, he grabbed my chin and pulled it to look at him.

"I'm pretty sure it's because you feel like you're being put on the spot right now." His eyes meet mine. "I'm pretty sure there are plenty of interesting things about you, you just probably think it's not interesting."

"Maybe." His eyes flicker down from mine to my lips for a second before they snap back up to meet my gaze. "Um, can I tell you something, you promise not to tell anyone."

"Can I tell my friends, or my parents?" I quirk my eyebrow up.

"No one, this is something I want to keep between the two of us..." He trails off again. "This is something only Onyx knows, and I want to share it with you too."

"Then it'll remain between the two of us." I put my hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

He sat up crossing his legs, I followed his actions, sitting across from him. I hadn't seen him so serious before. The expression on his face was different from the Ceremonies. During ceremonies his eyes held pride behind them. Right now it looked as if he had fear behind them. I held my hands out for him to grab and he gently did so.

"So, my father, he's not all what he's cracked up to be." He started.

"Uhm, I can tell..." I responded to him, rubbing my scabbed over my neck from the coller I had been wearing.

"Well, ever since I was little I was trained to be the Alpha of this pack. I went through some terrible stuff. If I did something he wasn't too particularly proud of, he would beat me. He still does, after what happened on Halloween, when you saw me in the healers office, that was from my father. The time before that when your jaw was broken, that also was my father, not some rogue attack. I seem to fare well against the little beasties than I am with my own father. When I turned 13 he started to build up my immunity to wolfsbane, which is why it took so much to put me out the night I almost took advantage of you..." His eyebrows held worry, not for himself but for me. "I haven't been able to tell you how sorry I am. I can't believe I even did that. I thought I had built up a tolerance to Omega's in heat, but your scent..." His nostrils flared, taking in the smell of my room. "It's intoxicating." His eyes flickered golden for a split second.

"Gotta admit the same, I haven't smelled any other wolf like you do." I smirked at him. "Anyways, so what I'm getting from you is that your father injected you with lethal amounts of wolfsbane, has been abusing you since who knows when, and he's made you go through something that would be torturous for other wolves?" I tapped my chin.

"Yeah." He looks down at our joined hands, making my grip on them tighten.

"Well your dad wasn't too fair to me either, so it's very believable. I promise this doesn't leave this room." His eyes flickered back to mine and I pulled my hands from his. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, breathing in the wonderful smell of whiskey and oak. He follows my pursuit, wrapping his arms around my chest, pulling me onto his lap.

We continued talking for a few hours, I remained on his lap for the most part, but after a while we began to get stiff and decided to lay back down together. He talked to me about me actually getting combat training, he explained that we could start out by going running in the morning. Begrudgingly I agreed to doing the training, the excitement in his eyes when I had said yes made my heart flutter.

"Hey August..." Alexandre started, his eyes were now closed. "Why haven't you been at school?" He peeked through one of his eyes.

"After what had happened on Halloween, um some of the pack decided to be less than fair to me." He opened his eyes. "Jasper and his buddies had beat me up the day after my heat, and my body was already weak from that. Then there were so many notes in my locker... I just couldn't deal with it."

"I'll take care of it." He growled, reaching up, brushing his fingers against my cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered, closing my eyes at his touch. Winston just wanted to imprint him with our scent to make everyone know that he was ours. He pulled me close to him and the both of us had fallen asleep. 

A/N: Whoops this one is kinda short. My bad my dudes. (These are all pre-written)Thank you to my readers, commenters, followers etc. I love you guys. Just a big thank you. Next chapter will begin a complete turning point in the story (finally) 

<3 Neon