Chapter 2- Digits

*Picture of Sean, just imagine deep black hair*

After the... strange incident in the hallway, I head to my first period which is math. I honestly could not care less about that class, but it's required. I sit through the period, lazily drawing cubes when I'm supposed to be taking notes. As soon as the bell rings, my butt is right out the door. 

The rest of my day proceeds similarly until fourth period, science. I walk into the chemistry class seconds before the bell rang, leaving me the last person to enter the room. Scanning the classroom, I notice that every table is set up in pairs. Every seat has been taken save one.

The one right next to Sean Jackson.

Dangit.

Taking a deep breath to steel my resolve, I slowly walk over the empty stool. As I take my seat, I feel Sean's head turn to me, seemingly staring me down.

"Ha, funny to see you here. Luke, right?"

Dear God, he knows my name.

I look at him, desperately trying to push away the blush creeping up my face. "Y-yeah, that's me!" My voice unintentionally wavers. He's just so close to me.

He chuckles. "No need to look so scared, kid. I'm not gonna hurt ya."

I give him a nervous laugh.

Finally, our teacher begins to speak. "Hello, class. My name is Mr. Harrison and I will be your chemistry teacher for this year."

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that my Dad is my chemistry teacher? I know, how could one person be so lucky.

"Take notice of where you're sitting, as the person you have chosen to sit beside will be your lab partner for the rest of the year.

Frick me.

"I encourage you all to take the next few minutes to get acquainted with your partners. Be sure to get each other's phone numbers as my class is heavily focused on group projects."

I look at Sean, gauging his reaction. "Welp, looks like we're partners, Rabbit." 

Rabbit?

"Uh, my name's Luke."

He smirks. "Yeah but you're small and skittish like a Rabbit, so that's what I'm gonna call ya." Sean then proceeds to pull out his phone to add my contact. "Here, you put your number in and I'll text ya later."

He hands me his iPhone, already having filled out my name as Rabbit. Reluctantly, I enter the 10 digits and return the phone. Not before changing my name back to Luke, of course.

Unfortunately, Sean notices and makes sure I notice him cementing my name as Rabbit before returning his phone to his pocket.

"Alright, everybody," My dad uses his teacher voice to quiet everyone down. "Time to learn some Dimensional Analysis."

***

Fast forward to the end of the period, and I book it out the door. God, an hour a day of Sean is gonna be a nightmare. All period I had to resist the urge to stare at his beautiful features. His hair was styled perfectly onto his head, making it look both messy and well-kempt at one time. His piercing blue eyes threatened to capture my attention, but somehow I managed to focus on my dad.

Now, it's lunchtime. Thank god. I get to spend the next thirty minutes chillin' with my only two friends in the world.

I walk into the lunchroom, immediately being bombarded by the sounds and smell of a single student body coalescing into one area. The smell of badly cooked hamburger and Axe body spray permeate the air. I would gag, but I've been exposed to such dangerous scents for three years now, making me seemingly immune.