Departure

Arlo met back up with Kain, ready to depart from his village.

"Alright, we're ready to leave."

"You're sure?"

"Yes."

Just like that, for the first time in a very long time, Arlo stepped out of the village.

"Wow, it's finally happening!" Sara was already a person with more than enough energy. This was the most excited he'd seen her.

Arlo smiled at Sara. Even in matters like this she was able to stay cheerful and positive.

They were saying goodbye to their homes for the first time in their lives.

Kain turned around to speak to Arlo.

"Okay we'll first have to return to the main camps to get you familiar with the people of The Red Cross."

"Alright."

Kain pulled out a map from his bag and pointed to it.

"This is a map of Zealorus."

He pointed to the bottom right side of the map, his fingers brushing against the old paper.

"This is your village, Mordana, which we just left. We need to go here-"

He snapped the map back and forth as the paper had bent backwards, and pointed slightly above Mordana and to the left.

"We need to head here to get to camp. Understood?"

Arlo and his friends nodded.

He folded up the map and slid it back into his bag

And the journey began.

It had been about a day since they had left the village, and they were all completely drained of energy.

They were now in some plains, surrounded by lots of tall grass.

"Really? And I thought we got some good recruitments!" Kain laughed, coming to a stop.

Troy groaned in annoyance.

"We still have a few hours of walking, but it'll be fine to sit and take a short break."

"Yes... please..." Keith gasped.

"Whoa! Are you okay? How long have you been like this?" Kain exclaimed.

He ran to Keith to help him.

Troy sat down on the grass beside Arlo.

"Wonder if there's actually even any point in joining this group." Arlo mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... if we die, then what's the point? We could have stayed home and been safe."

"By the looks of it, if we had stayed home, our village would have been attacked regardless of us joining or not. I'd rather die fighting than waiting around."

Arlo raised an eyebrow as he looked at Troy, and tapped the side of his head, pointing to his brain.

"I doubt you really think that."

"Sometimes you gotta fight for others, you know?"

He sighed.

"Yeah, you're right."