Keys

Pierce looked down the hall, checking for any people.

Nobody.

He took quiet steps down the hall.

It was past the time he was sent to bed, so if he was caught now, he knew what to say.

"I needed some water," should be enough to trick him, he thought, just in case he was caught.

He stepped carefully down the hall, doing his best to make no sounds at all.

He was wearing his best atrempt at "stealthy clothes", which was really just dark clothes and a hood to top it off.

He had to get into Daris's quarter to find the keys to her cell, but he had to be careful.

Thankfully, the quarter was quite a ways from Daris's room.

He reached the end of the hallway.

He placed his hands on the wall and peered over to check if anyone was there.

He walked down the next hallway until he reached Daris's quarter.

He turned the handle. It was unlocked.

He peeked the door open and-

Oh shoot!

he jumped away from the door.

Daris was inside! What is he doing here?

He walked back to find Daris was looking at a sheet of paper, studying the words on it.

Pierce had to think of what to do. He couldn't wait. He found a cracked part of the wall and pulled, breaking off a small piece

Three...

Two...

One...

He tossed the stone down, and it landed with a loud crack.

He ran back to the place the hallway split and hid behind the wall.

Daris walked out of the room and started walking down the hallway away from him, checking where the sound came from.

Now!

He ran for the quarter, and he managed to get into the room before he came back.

He felt the adrenaline as he searched the drawers for the keys.

Thump

Was it in the top drawer?

Thump

He checked every part of the room.

There!

The keys were thrown into the 'secret drawer' that he had found when he was younger.

He grabbed the keys and looked out the door. Daris was coming back.

Crap...

He put on the hood..

And ran.