Altina

She was sitting on her throne at the heart of her kingdom.

She couldn't be happier.

The soldiers were growing stronger, and the Zealorians continued to fear them.

Her grip on that weak and powerless kingdom was tightening.

Altina was resting on her throne. She looked over at her brother, Serot, who had recently been fashioning his black and white hair over his left eye, covering it.

"Serot, dear, get me a drink."

"What kind will it be this time?"

"Surprise me."

Serot walked out of her vision, and she rested her chin on her palm.

It's quite boring, how little happens every day.

Suddenly she heard rushed footsteps, the sound of someone running in her direction.

Her highest ranked general had come to her.

General Ford.

He kneeled down before her.

"What are you doing here? Where's General Ladron?" Altina questioned him.

She liked having General Ladron come visit her. He was quite self-absorbed and she found it quite amusing.

"Your Majesty, I'm afraid he's... dead."

She paused for a moment.

"Oh?" she took a moment to realize that he would no longer be seeing him, "No matter. Although I would like to ask, how was he killed?"

Serot walked into the throne room with something prepared in an elegant cup.

"Your Majesty, he was brutally murdered by soldiers in an army we've never seen nor heard of before."

"Hmm." she picked up her cup and sipped whatever it was. It was sweet.

"General Ford, inform me of their status."

"Well, they call themselves the Endeavors. They are Zealorians and are... fighting to destroy Vaequiles..." he wiped his forehead with a cloth, "It seems quite an impossible task, doesn't it?"

"I see. They should be no problem. Zealorians don't have any willpower or strength, anyway."

"Your Majesty, they killed General Ladron. I really think that they could be trou-"

"I said they should pose no threat, understood? You may be excused."

"Your Majesty-"

"Leave." she glared down to him.

General Ford quickly sat up and hurried away, muttering to himself.

Altina turned her attention to Serot.

"There are some who still go against my word, I suppose."

"Well... he did have a point there. If they managed to kill Ladron..."

"It will be no problem, dear. They'll be gone before we know it." she reassured him.

"Your Majest- no, sister. You're becoming prideful. You've chan-"

"I won't hear of this bullcrap, Serot. Now leave me."

Serot gritted his teeth as he spoke.

"So, how was the tea?"

"Wonderful."