Three

Tony didn't get nervous when it came to press conferences. He's (unfortunately) had more than enough experience throughout his years to know how to present himself in the eye of the public. He kept most people at an arm's length, using a cocky persona that made people either love or hate him, though usually the latter.

One issue about this conference however, was that he wasn't actually speaking in it. The world currently thought of him as dead, still in a coma and never to wake up. He and Pepper have yet to decide how they wanted to announce his awakening, or if they even wanted to at all.

On any other occasion, avoiding reporters would make him want to celebrate. This time however...

This time, Peter hasn't stopped pacing since they've arrived backstage.

In a half hour, Peter was about to host his first press conference as his revealed identity. Whether or not people were in support of Peter as the masked vigilante, Tony was certain that all of New York would be tuning in to hear what he had to say.

Peter seemed to have realized this as well, given that he looks ready to crawl out the window.

He and May made eye contact from across the room, both easily noticing the chaotic mess that seemed to define Peter Parker. May raised her eyebrow, silently asking who would be the better fit to temporarily calm Peter's nerves. Tony nodded his head in her direction, giving her the floor.

May's eyes filled with determination as she walked over to Peter and placed a hand on his bicep. Despite the gentleness of the touch, Peter still visibly jumped. Tony was fully intending to listen into whatever comfort May was about to provide until he felt little hands tugging on his prosthetic arm.

"Daddy, why is Peter sad?"

Tony lifted Morgan from the ground so she was sitting securely in his arms. "Peter's not sad, he's just really nervous."

"Then why is he nervous?" Morgan asked once more, with pure curiosity that only a five year old could possess.

"He has to talk in front of a lot of people today"

Morgan adorably furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "But no one thinks Spiderman is a bad guy, so he has nothing to worry about." Tony couldn't help but smile at her logic, she did have a point.

There was no longer the question of whether or not Peter was guilty for the attack of London. The Baby Monitor footage that was released to the public was more than enough evidence to prove Peter's innocence. Now there was only the question of whether or not New York should be relying on someone as young as Peter to protect them. Personally, Tony didn't think there was anyone more capable, and he knew the people of New York would eventually think so as well. Hell, half of them already do.

Of course, that didn't stop Peter from freaking out, and Tony couldn't really blame him.

He leaned over and whispered in Morgan's ear. "Why don't you go tell Peter that, it might make him feel better."

"Okay!" Tony sat Morgan down and watched as she ran towards the two Parkers with a mission in mind. She latched onto Peter's leg and looked up at him with a smile that lit up the entire room. The light became practically blinding when Peter smiled back, the first genuine smile that Tony had seen from him that evening.

Though he has seen Morgan and Peter together countless of times these past few weeks, the sight never failed to take his breath away. It was moments like this that made it all worth it to Tony: the lost arm, the nine month coma, all of it. In all honesty, watching his two kids interact with one another made him much more emotional than he would ever like to admit.