🍰・십삼 || Thirteen・🍰

"I still can't believe that they let a rookie take the case."

"I know, me neither!"

The snickers and scoffs had become routine and expected at this point, but it never stopped the brunette nor did it suck away from his motivation. All of that negative talk was about the young man standing with a slight popped out hip as he concentrated on the board he created; studying it as his brain took in every detail and attempted to put few pieces together.

The young man's name was Kim Namjoon, a fresh graduate that was pretty much thrown into the investigator occupation, but it's what he's always wanted and it's what he's been working so hard for! They don't just let anybody into criminal justice field, but many of the other investigators whom have had far more experience than Namjoon didn't believe that he should've been assigned to this case, he's a rookie, he could easily miss things! However Namjoon was very smart and observant when it came to the smallest details, if anything he was the most involved when it came to investing. But no matter how many times he would stare at photos and revisit crime scenes, there just was no DNA of the killer anywhere! How could someone be so neat? Even the first murder of these many cases may not have actually been the first..it was way too calculated and too tidy to be the first murder committed by this person which makes the situation even more scary and frustrating to say the least.

Besides the lack of DNA, it was rather difficult to figure out what type of person would do such things too. There had been so many different criminal profilers on every horrendous crime scene when a body or parts of a body was found, yet they still couldn't confidently make this unknown serial murderer a profile of what they should be looking for. Other than:

• Male
• Most likely a quiet, conservative and modest individual.
• Most likely physically fit.
• Psychopath.
• Above average intelligence; well educated with a good career.
• Most likely is heavily involved in the media and has an obsession in the news and media.
• Victims may have known and trusted him beforehand.

It also seemed that this unknown person was a dangerous mixture of both a little disorganized and a highly organized killer as well which only made it harder to figure out who could be responsible because both had different characteristics connected to the two, but it seemed crimes were left messier than usual if they victim was brutalized beyond recognition; indicating that the person who did it was probably angry when they committed the crime and most likely committed simply because he was angry and the poor unfortunately soul just happened to be in his sights to take it out on.

However, despite the added difficulties, Namjoon was able to recognize a pattern in the murders as well as the missing persons cases when they soon would be found dead in a shallow grave. Photos of crime scenes and missing persons from months ago earlier in the year were pinned with red thumbtacks on a large board along with thin red strings connecting the photos by dates. Namjoon had written and recorded a list of the dates that the dead were found, the dates when someone was reported missing then later found deceased, and lastly the few that still remained missing. Even though they were deemed as missing, it was most likely that they weren't alive anymore.

This next point brings Namjoon to his belief of this person probably having anger issues or needs of control, the killings seemed to pick up around the beginning of February of this year; they would happen twice a month, each being exactly ten days a part from each other. It was a consistent pattern until the month of June where this unknown killer seemed to have gone on some sort of angry spree of murders. Clearly the person responsible was filled with rage judging by how badly beaten and severed these bodies were as well as how messy the crime scenes were; but despite being so incredibly bloody there was zero evidence to helping them find a suspect. This killer was organized but quite messy at the same time. Namjoon couldn't help but wonder, what made this person so angry?