[41] Ever Since Eden

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

AS A TEENAGER whom has experienced a great deal of sadness in my lifetime, I tend to feel uncomfortable when things are less unfortunate. For instance, right now I am probably in the best state that I have been in since beginning high school.

My mother is home and working on building our relationship again. My father has been happier and less self-deprecating. Still rude, nonetheless, but better. And Lakyn, god, I think that topic is self-explanatory. That boy used to be the cause of my headaches but now he is giving me head instead, which is entirely beside the point. He is a major factor as to why my life is going somewhat decent right now. From the sneaky kisses to the flirtatious stares, I feel as though I am actually fulfilling my teenage-hood.

Everything is good right now. Too good. Good to the extent that I am growing extremely suspicious. 

After having dinner with the Hale's and my parents—yes, I can actually use the plural for once—Hale and I took a small stroll to the doc at the Lake. He seemed over the moon to see my mother again, which is understandable because she practically considers him a son and despite my mother being absent a large amount of the time, she was there for him when his mother passed away due to an unfortunate suicide.

I expressed the fact that I am scared that she will leave again, because she always does. My mother's company always comes with a price, but this time is different, I am different. The last time that she was here I spent most of my time intentionally being rude to people, shopping, and not feeling a single ounce of emotion, now that has changed—excluding the second thing, of course—and I am less cold. I truly want her here and I feel the need to put on a safety jacket and prepare for the worst because when you have an easily triggered human with a lack of consideration for others, you must always prepare for what is coming. I am not necessarily saying that my mother is entirely selfish, but she does tend to think of herself before others, it's harsh, but that is every drug-addicted humans mindset. Drugs before anything, even your own health.

The sound of someone knocking on my door is what pulled me from my thoughts. Without waiting for a response, my door slowly creaked open and in came my mother wearing a floral blouse tucked into a nude pencil skirt with coordinating heels and her favorite most luxurious pearl necklace. Her honey blonde locks were pulled into a loose bun on the back of her head, a few strands pulled to frame her extremely feminine facial features. Her make-up was light, though a heavy-duty concealer was used to cover the darkness beneath her eyes, and for her lips, it seemed as though she dabbed a mauve color ever so lightly, focusing more so on the center of her lips to give a plumping effect.

"Flower," she greeted me happily. "you look absolutely stunning."

I grinned widely at her, feeling rather confident in my choice of outfit. I was wearing a coordinating set consisting of a crop top and a skirt, both portraying a black and white plaid pattern. Black buttons traveled down the center of the small top and then down onto the skirt, though, towards the bottom of the skirt, it flared out ever so slightly. 

To conceal myself slightly and give myself some source of warmth I wore a cream chunky knit sweater-like cardigan over with some strappy heels and a white belt with the Gucci logo in metallic lettering in the center.

Though I usually tend to over-dress for no given purpose, this evening there was one.

After my mother's unknown arrival yesterday, she purposed that we go out for dinner with the Rivers', that way she can catch up with Eden's father; Noah, for they have always been the closest of friends and he is one of the few people of whom know about her. . .condition. Besides, since the moment that I let her go from that suffocating hug, I went on and on about my new friend Eden Rivers. Well she is not so new anymore, but to my mother she is.