[ Chapter 26 - Abigail's Party ]

"Make sure to always wear that ring."

It was the following day after my fiancee stood me up. I was at my mother's office when she had suddenly given me a box with a ring inside. She told me to always wear it because there are cameras everywhere and that there would always be people trying to find a flaw in my marriage.

My family does not want to tarnish our name by letting the people know that I was forced into the marriage. They had to make it look like Dr. Sony and I was really in love with each other.

"Dr. Sony already have the matching ring, I made sure to tell him to wear it as well," my mom smiled and I simply sighed.

I didn't stay long in the office with her, I had to visit Palm Beach since I was planning on accepting the deal. The project was only a beach house so despite the hospital I was managing in Italy and the corporate building in New York, I knew I would still be able to squeeze it in my schedule.

I invited Anne and Tony to comes with me but they were both busy so I tried Tine and Riley, sadly, they were both busy as well. I ended up going alone. The ride took me four hours just to get there. I regretted not asking our chauffeur to drive me.

The scene was breath-taking. It was 12 pm when I arrived so the sun was up high but the breeze made it tolerable for me to stand there for about 25 minutes as I assessed where the owner wants the house to be placed.

After doing my assessment I rested in my car for a good ten minutes, I was feeling dizzy due to the heat. I immediately hit the road when I started to feel better. Mid-way my phone suddenly rang, I answered it using the control system of the car since it was connected.

"We are going to party!!!" Tine screamed from the other side.

"What?"

"It's Abigail's 24th birthday, it's a formal event and she invited everyone she knew from Scion," Tine was brimming with excitement.

"Why would I go?" I smirked.

I had no grudges against Abigail, we had even become friends after graduating from Scion since their family hired me to become their engineer for one of their shops but I had no reason to attend her birthday.

"But everyone will be there," I could see her pout.

"So?"

"On top of that our whole group is in New York right now, we can have a mini-reunion!" She was shouting again so I had to lower down the volume. Her voice was ringing in my ears.

"Please come, Anne and Tony said they wouldn't come unless you do. Why can't ya'll be a little more like Riley, she had agreed quickly," she sighed.

"That's because Riley probably pitied you since she knew you were going to end up alone," I laughed and I heard her mutter a curse under her breath.