Chapter 14

The day of Cultural Fest arrived and I was enjoying myself looking through the booths and bazaar arranged by the students.

As for my piece in the exhibition, it was still on going and I don't have the heart to go there and sneak a peek.

I mean,  oi,  I wasn't informed that the arts displayed in the exhibition can be brought by whoever takes interest on it and it will be an auction type.

The highest bidder gets the piece.  Though it's not the standard auction events where products will be presented one by one in front of all the bidders.  It's a writing auction type where you write your offered price on a piece of paper,  paste it beside the object. It has no price and it's up for the first bidder to how much he/she is willing to pay for it.  You can double the amount posted by the first person and if you're the highest bidder,  you'll get the piece with you.

Waaahhh I didn't know that~~

If I had known,  I wouldn't be so daring joining such exhibition. Though I have a talent in painting,  I am not that confident that someone will take interest on it.

I should have called a friend and have them bid if for me but that's too embarrassing to ask not even mention wahhhh!

Plenty of stuffs were being sold in the bazaar and booths were also being stalled at every corners.

My girls are probably busy since they had individual engagement after all.  I sighed looking around feeling bored.

I took a glance on my wrist watch for me to learn that the recital is about to begin.

I don't have any plans watching the recital but  since Maxwell-sama had a violin recital,  I decided to go.

But before going to the events hall,  I stopped by at a flower stall inside the school. This flower stall was there for the bazaar and I thanked the heavens for it.

It is a custom to bring present for someone who had his recital especially when that person invited you.

Seeing a boquet of sunflower wrapped in a black glossy paper with a card on it,  I choose it.

Feeling satisfied with my present, I went straight to the recital hall with a smile on my face.

I arrived at the perfect timing because it was Maxwell-sama's presentation already.

Maxwell-sama was well versed in Violin that even though I had no knowledge of it,  I was able to appreciate the melody it made.

After Maxwell-sama's presentation,  I went outside and waited for him to come out. 

While waiting for him,  students who saw me standing outside the hall with bouquet on hand can't help but glance on my way.

Feeling really bored,  I kicked the pebble below me as I wait for Maxwell-sama to come out.

A moment later, Maxwell-sama came out holding his violin and smile as soon he saw me.

"That was a splendid performance Maxwell-sama"

Maxwell-sama brushed his hair with his fingers and smiled.

After being with Maxwell-sama, this habit of him brushing his hair with his fingers is an indication that he was shy or frustrated.

"Thank you for coming Betti-chi,  such performance is not worthy of your praise"

I chuckled and handed him the bouquet.

"My,  Maxwell-sama sure is humble."

Maxwell-sama took the bouquet with a bright smile on his face.

And little did I know,  those students who saw me waiting for Maxwell-sama with bouquet in hand misunderstood it.

********

I was surprised when my art piece was sold worth thousands of dollars by someone with unknowin identity.

According to the one who took charge of the exhibition, it was a representative of someone from school, however they can't tell if he was representing a student.

I feel relieved happy about it but the joy I feel is really a burden. I don't have the slightest idea for whoever bought it and I don't know if I have the right to be this delightful.

Heee~ I should have just had someone bought if for me.

Well whatever, past is all in the past and I can't go back there anymore to change my decision keke.

I entered in Haute Monde salon and can't help but frown sensing the other members would occasionally threw curious glances towards my direction.  That made me look from left to right to see if someone was standing beside me or was it the two wonders located near me. But there's none.

Heeee?  What was this all about?

I shrugged my shoulders and ate the snacks laid in front of me.

Such mouthwatering food should not go to waste hehe.

But I'm feeling uncomfortable with them constantly glancing on my way. I pouted forcing myself not to care about it at all but as psychology says, the more you don't want to care, the more you'll care.

Ah mouh~ this is troublsome,  seriously geez.

I sliced a small portion of the Blueberry cheescake and moved the spoon close to my mouth.  Anticipating, I was about to take a bite from it when someone approached me that made me stopped midways.

Is it a habit of them to stop someone from eating?!

Damn!

As much as I wanted to stare daggers towards the one who dared disturb me, I swallowed my annoyance. And in my horror,  the person that I want to avoid the most was standing in front of me wearin such smug face.

What you looking at?!

Wanna take my food?!

Damn!  Get lost!

Are what I wanted to say but held back.

"You sure have it good huh? "

He smirked and left.

"Eh? "

Being left stupefied and confused..

EHHHH?!

What the heck does he mean?!

Oi!  Lomiere!  Comeback and explain!

Damn it!!