Chapter 8 - Dinner with Weiss

Jack:
"hey Weiss, sorry the drive isn't more comfortable, the Warthog was designed for combat and recon, not so much for comfort"

Weiss:
"no it's fine, these seats are actually really comfortable, despite its role as a military vehicle"

Yang:
"speak for yourself Weiss, these rear seats aren't so comfy"

Jack:
"it sure beats holding onto a Chaingun"

Emmitt:
"I disagree, I love my Chaingun"

Jack:
"oh don't worry, I'm fully aware"

After a short drive down to vale we arrive at the restaurant which seems to be high end and fancy.

Jack:
"so Yang, why did you choose this particular restaurant?"

Yang:
"oh no reason in particular, I just heard it had good food"

Emmitt:
"looks expensive, u sure this is our best option?"

Jack:
"I have a decent amount of lien from a weekly allowance from Ozpin for general supplies"

Emmitt:
"and when we're you going to tell me about this?"

Jack:
"if I had've told you about our allowance sooner you would have used it all on dust and other weaponry materials"

Emmitt:
"okay you have a valid point there"

We went inside and a waiter at the front counter informs us that all tables in this particular restaurant only have seating for two

Yang:
"oh well it's fine, Emmitt and I will take one table and Weiss and Jack can take the other"

Emmitt:
"well we're already here and besides I'm starving"

Weiss:
"yeah that sounds good"

Jack:
"I agree"

After we were lead to our tables by the waiter he took our orders. I ordered the T-Bone steak and chips and Weiss ordered the the chicken and salad.

After a while and some cheese bread and soda for appetisers our meal finally arrives and we both been to eat while making small talk, I then look over to Emmitt and Yang's table to see that it's empty

Jack:
"hey Weiss"

Weiss:
"yea, what's up?"

Jack:
"look over to the other table, it's empty"

Weiss:
"wait, where did they go?"

I quickly check my scroll to check for messages to see that I had none, next I checked the map to look for their location

Jack:
"it says they are a few blocks away, but the warthog is still outside so they must be on foot"

Weiss:
"so they just left us? whatever it dosent matter, we don't need them anyway to have a good night"

Weiss blushes and looks down for a second which makes me smile

We continued to enjoy a meal when we hear a commotion at the entrance when two masked men run in after knocking out the front desk worker and began demanding money and valuables.

As they make their way around I lock eyes with one of them and he starts to walk over, I reach for my magnum only to realize I don't have it or any other weaponry on me.

Crook 1:
"hand over your lien"

Crook 2:
"hold up, that's the Schnee Heiress, we could get a high price for her, grab her"

Weiss pov
One of the men grabbed for me as if he forgot that Jack was there, that was a big mistake as Jack grabs his forearm and crushes it in his hand, I heard a loud crunching noise followed by a cry of pain but only a second before Jack punched him in the face. His partner got pissed off and began shooting at Jack but he is too fast and dodges all of the shots with ease but then the crook aims his gun at me and before I can think to move Jack jumps into in front of me and takes a shot straight to the shoulder. Jack blood splatters on my dress but Jack wasted no time in rushing the crook taking another two shots, one in his side just below his rib cage and one in his thigh, this dosent stop his charge against the armed criminal. Jack takes down the crook with a hard tackle and a swift punch to the face but not before taking one more shot straight to his chest, he than tries to stand but quickly falls to his knees as the pain of the gunshot wounds sets in.