epilogue

after a year

ain hadn't gone to the college, today. she was in 3rd semester now. so much have changed during this time. zarkhan loved her even more, he thrived on making her happy , seeing the smile on her, seeing her dimple appearing and disappearing felt like peace to him. he wanted to give her what she wanted . 

with increased love, he was also increasingly possessive for her. he didnt like if people even looked at her , she remembered too well , how he moved closer ,everytime a male eye stopped on her . only growling and calling her his was left whenever a male glanced at her . too much attention from girls also bothered him. 

ain shooked her head thinking about how crazy he was, when it came to her. ain went to college but she had no real friends there. and it wasnt because of zarkhan , she didnt feel the need herself . she barely talked to classmates , if it wasnt about studies. she liked her space, and for friendship , love and care , she had zarkhan. he didnt leave any space for her crave more. 

ain took out the cake , she was baking . a smile was on her face . today was there wedding anniversary and she decided to skip college for a day . she wanted to make preparations for her sulking husband . 

she smiled remembering his sullen face. he had been asking her to wear a grey saree he had bought for her , but she kept making one excuse or another. zarkhan loved to see her in sarees, a whole section of the wardrobe were filled with sarees and half of them werent even wearable in public, or more like he found her way too beautiful in them or some part of it is revealing. zarkhan kept that collection for his eyes only . this grey saree was an addition to that collection. 

ain completed all the preparations and went upstairs to get ready . she had told the servants to go to their quarters before zarkhan arrived . hamdaan and raisha lived in the village as per bi jaan's wish, after ruksati, they also didnt need to worry about ain . 

ain took a bath and get dressed in the saree, it was a beautiful chiffon saree,wrapped around her body, the blouse had long sleeves. the best thing about this saree was its color, it was exactly like her khan's eyes. 

ain combed her hair , leaving them open , it was already time for zarkhan to return, ain quickly applied a bold red lip gloss and some mascara and she was done. she went down and got the cake quickly. 

zarkhan entered the house,  he noticed the quite but didnt bother with it. he was still busy sulking . " now my wife doesnt care about my wishes , she doesnt bother with me . bi jaan wants me to give her great grand children , huhhh! she wont even bother looking at me after that . its our anniversary ! and she doesnt even remember" he thought to himself , knowing very well he was being dramatic, but when it came to her, he felt everything in his heart. 

zarkhan entered the room,  the first thing which stopped him in his track was ain standing in front of the mirror. their eyes met in the mirror, he felt his breath hitching seeing her in the saree. he didnt care about what anyone thought, call it fetish or whatever anyone wanted, he found his wife irresistible in a saree, not that she was easy to avoid normally . 

zarkhan moved towards her without a thought . ain turned towards him , she placed her hands on his shoulders " happy anniversary !khan! " she said softly kissing his cheek . zarkhan kept taking her in without saying a word. 

" khan!!!" ain called blushing , knowing very well , what his condition was. she felt beautiful looking in his eyes. his eyes showed how beautiful he found her.....

zarkhan broke out of his haze, he wrapped his arms around her , lifting her up in a bear hug. 

" happy anniversary , khan ki jaan( my love ) " Zarkhan said spinning her around.  he was happy , in fact ecstatic .

he placed her down kissing her sweet lips. he nibbled on them softly , feeling on edge . he wanted her closer. his hands were wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer and closer . 

" khan!!!!" ain protested , pulling away ." cut the cake first " she said panting for breathe. 

" huh? " zarkhan asked kissing her temple. 

ain gestured towards the cake , zarkhan felt delirious, he loved her baked goods. 

" you baked it , right ?!!!" zarkhan asked moving towards it . it was a coffee cake, zarkhan loved so much . 

ain smiled nodding , zarkhan made ain eat first before enjoying the taste himself . he could definitely qualify it as a second best thing, after his wife. 

he ate a huge piece happily . ain smiled seeing him, he was feeding her in between bites. 

after he was done,he took out the gift he had bought for her, it was a beautiful anklet.ain smiled seeing it. " its beautiful " she said touching the anklet. 

" nothing close to you " zarkhan said pulling her in his arms ." let me get your gift " ain said trying to get up . 

" you are my gift " Zarkhan said naughtily , kissing her neck . 

" b-but i have also bought something for you " ain said wanting him to see what she got him .

" it can wait .... " Zarkhan mumbled biting her ear softly. ain felt herself going weak , she wasnt able to resist him as usual . 

he loved seeing her going weak because of him . he loved knowing that, ain also felt what he felt for her. 

zarkhan lifted her in his arms " first tell me what you wished for ?" ain said feebly . 

" you know what i wished for " zarkhan said with a grin . 

" no i dont " ain denied. 

" yes , you do . theres only one thing i need in my life till i am living" zarkhan said ,and ain hid her face in his neck . she knew very well what it was . he wanted her by his side forever ... and he worked to make sure it stayed like that. he reminded himself every morning , to take care of the precious gift he was given, his beautiful wife.

--------------------------

Salaam readers! the story ends here. :) hope that you all like it . 

i will start the new story in few days, stay tuned <3