Chapter 5

Ryla's P.O.V

Today all the Lynch kids are taking me shopping. I hate shopping... So much walking, and trying clothes on and so many people... ugh. I can't even lock myself in my room and try to hide because Riker found my secret door through the closet and there is like no way to block it... 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

One of the Lynch kids banged loudly on my door. I inwardly groaned as I stood from my desk. 

"Hurry up, Ryla! You're taking forever!" Rocky yelled halfheartedly. I sighed st his antics and quickly pulled on my sweater. I pulled my door open and walked down the stairs. I could see everyone sitting in the living room. 

"Finally!" Ryland sighed happily, standing up from the couch. Everyone followed his lead and soon enough I was following a line of Lynch kids to the door.Everyone paused at the door to pull on their shoes. I noticed a sneaker trend happening with the Lynch kids. I hadn't worn socks today, so I slipped on a pair of black flats Rydel had given me. They were a little small, but they would work, and it's not like I've never worn clothes that were too small for me. 

Riker led us outside and towards a huge white van. I hadn't seen it before, nor had I noticed it when I'd first arrived, since Mark and Stormie brought me here in a small car. Everyone got in, they probably all had a favorite seat. I took the last seat after everyone else was in.

Riker was driving, Rydel took shotgun, Ross and I had  the middle seats and Ryland and Rocky were at the back with a seat in between them. Riker pulled out of the driveway after making sure we all had our seat belts on. It was only a half an hour drive, and I spent the whole thing listening to the Lynch kids play Eye Spy. Mature group aren't they? 

Once we arrived at the mall they proceeded to drag me to every store that sold girls and/or children's clothes. They had told me to pick out anything I liked, but after a three minute stand off with me just staring at them, they changed it up. Everyone (mostly Rydel) was picking out clothes, showing me then asked if I liked it. I would only shrug to everything, which resulted in everything they picked out being tossed into the cart. At around 1:00pm, Riker informed us that we were stopping for food. Everyone was carrying a few bags each at this point. Riker had taken a folded paper out of his pocket at some point and was reading it as he followed behind Rocky and Ryland who were leading the way to the food court.  

"Okay, Guys, go get something to eat. Rocky pick something up for Ryland. He's watching our table and cart," Riker ordered. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the group. He stopped in a line and I quickly glanced up to see what he planned on feeding me; McDonald's. I like McDonald's as much as the next kid... but I wasn't really hungry. My efforts to tell Riker this information, went unnoticed as we approached the counter. 

 "Hi, what can I get you today?" the employee asked.  

"Um.. Can I get a big Mac meal, and-" Riker looked at me shaking my head, "and a Happy Meal." I face palmed annoyed as he smiled at the woman behind the till. Riker led me to the pick up line and we waited for our meals. He took the tray in his hands and started leading me back to where Ryland was sitting with our cart. Riker set the Happy Meal box in  front of me on the table. 

I opened the box, narrowing my eyes on the one item I actually wanted from the box. I grabbed  the toy and opened it. What? I still like the toys. Riker glanced my direction and playfully rolled his eyes as he took a bite of his burger. The toy was actually pretty cool, according to the label the Penguins of Madagascar toy I got was Skipper. The Skipper figurine said loads of quotes from the movie. I looked up from the toy when the Happy Meal boy was pushed towards me. I raised an eyebrow at Riker, who nodded towards the box. I continued to play with the toy as everyone else returned with their food and started eating.  

"Ryla, are you gonna eat your food?" Ross asked before taking a bite of whatever he had gotten, he eyed the Happy Meal box sat in front of me. I shook my head and stood up. I grabbed the receipt from the tray and Ryland's pen which he had been using to doodle on a napkin and wrote: 'Going to the washroom'

I handed the receipt to Riker and he quickly read what I had written. He nodded and took another bite of his food. I left the group and made my way to the washroom. They weren't that hard to find. Once I finished I made my way to the mall map located just in front of the washroom. Huh, there are two food courts and seven washrooms... I have no idea which washroom this is, nor which of the two food courts we were eating at. I'm doomed, and I can't even as for help... I slowly made my way to the bench beside the map, and watched people walk by. Hopefully someone comes and finds me soon.

Riker's P.O.V

Ryla went to the bathroom over ten minutes ago.. 

"Come on, Riker, stop babying her. She's almost 13 years old," Ryland rolled his eyes, taking a bite of his burger. I glared at him and checked my phone again. Fifteen minutes she's been gone. Everyone threw out their food wrappers and I placed Ryla's untouched Happy Meal in one of the clothes bags. 

"Okay..." Ross breathed out finally, "maybe we should look for her..." We all looked a little nervous, and I was suddenly regretting letting her go alone. We all stood up, grabbed everything and made out way to the map closest to us. 

"Which bathroom do you think she went too?" Rocky asked, studying the map closely.

"Well, we're at food court B, so she could be at bathroom one, two, three or four," I started, "Rydel and Ryland, you go to bathroom one, Rocky, bathroom two, I'll go to bathroom three and Ross, you go to bathroom four. Everyone take their bags and send a message to the group chat if you find her. Once she's found we'll all meet back up at the van." Everyone nodded and we all gathered our bags and frantically made our ways towards our assigned bathrooms.  

Ross' P.O.V

I quickly made my way to bathroom four. I arrived just outside the bathroom doors, I started looking around. After not seeing her waiting outside the doors, I quickly glanced around and narrowed in on a mall map a few paces away. I jogged to the map, but before I could get the chance to look, I noticed a girl sitting on the bench closest too the map. I was a little too far away to tell if it was actually Ryla, but my hopes were up nonetheless. The closer I got the more details I could make out, and after finally making my way to the figure and tapping her shoulder- she looked up and I was greeted with Ryla's bright eyes. 

"Ryla!" I cheered with a beaming smile, wrapping my arms around her small frame and pulling her into a hug. She returned my smiled and lightly wrapped her arms around me as well. Thank god we found her, not only would it of been devastating, but mom and dad surely would have killed us for loosing her. We need to step up out older sibling game, it's only been less than a week and we've already lost her. I sent a text to the group chat before I gripped her hand and started walking towards the exit. 

"Do you want a piggy back ride?" I asked her with a lopsided grin. She had been lagging behind and she looked absolutely. I walked us out of the mall and made my way through the maze of cars in the parking lot. Ryla hopped off my back once the van was in view. It didn't take long for everyone to notice us, and Ryla was engulfed in an inescapable Lynch kid group hug. 

"Guys... GUYS... GUYS!" I only stepped in when I noticed her face start changing to an unnatural blue colour. At the third time, I finally got their attentions.  

"Yeah?" Rydel asked, tilting her head towards me. 

"Uh, you know I'm not a doctor or anything, but people usually need air to live, and blue really isn't a good look on Ryla's face..." I explained carefully, pointing towards Ryla who was trying to catch her breath since the hugging lessened. Everyone took a step back and apologized. I dropped my bags in the trunk with everyone else's then made my way to my seat. 

"Ryla..." Riker started off, turning in his seat to look at her before he started driving, "next time one of us will go with you." Everyone agreed on that, even Ryla gave us a nod and a small smile. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys, I wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS, or whatever Holiday you celebrate. Comment your favorite gift you got, mine was all my R5 stuff😁😎. Next update soon, BYYYYYEEEEEE!