[16] Alone

Never in my life have I felt so alone. This is why I shouldn't have gone home with Jex the first night I met him. This is why I should've let my father and brother run a background check on him when they said they wanted to. Because now I've fallen for Jex, and I can't just turn my feelings off.

When he says he didn't know I was a Cobra, I believe him, because there's no way that a Viper would ever be with a Cobra. There's no way that a Viper would open up to a Cobra with so much information if it was all just information for his crew. Just like I didn't know he was a viper, and if I had known, I would have never gone home with him. I would have never stepped into his bar.

"Bella," Dad knocks and pushes my bedroom door open.

I look up from my crossed legged position on the bed and quickly wipe away my tears. "Hey Dad."

"Sweetheart," he sighs and makes his way into the room, sitting upon my bed and pulls me into his arms. "What's the matter? I thought I heard you crying in here," he says sadly.

"Y-you haven't spoken to Amelia?" I ask surprised.

"I've spoken to her yes. She mentioned that Jex Shelby (aka. Jex Viper), paid her a little visit, whilst she was on her own at the club today, but that's all. Why did the two of you have a fight?"

"Something like that," I sniffle, as I snuggle into him.

"I'm sure the two of you will work it out, you're family," he kisses the top of my head. "Your mother tells me we're meeting this boyfriend of yours tonight."

"She shouldn't have told you, because it's not happening. We broke up, today actually."

"So that's the real reason you're in here in tears," he sighs. "I'm assuming he broke up with you, as you're so sad?"

"It kind of happened very quickly. It was like the world made up its mind on us, and it just ended. Neither of us said the words, but it's over."

"I'm going to ask you this. Did he hurt you?"

"No, he didn't hurt me. I'm just hurt because we're not together anymore and I really, really liked him."

"Oh sweetheart," Dad sighs. "I know that it hurts right now, but you'll be okay. You're smart and beautiful, funny and kind, any man would be lucky to have you."

"You're just saying that because you're my dad," I giggle through the tears.

"Okay, well yes, I may be a little bit biased. But I know it's true, because I have a line up of Cobra boys who would love to be with you."

"Daddy we've been over this."

"I know, I know, you're not interested. They're too much like family " he rolls his eyes, with a soft huff.

Knock, knock.

My bedroom door sounds once more and I look up to find Amelia standing there.

"Millie, what are you doing here?" I ask softly.

"I just came to talk," she gives me a small, hopeful smile.

"I'll leave you to it," Dad stands up and exits the room.

Millie makes her way in and closes the door behind her, locking it, before making her way over to my bed. She then sits down next to me and pulls me into her arms. "I'm sorry," she says softly.

I begin to sob gently in her arms. I hate fighting with people, but I'd hate to be fighting with Amelia the most. She's not only my cousin but also my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without her.