Sister

Leo's POV

Tessa's alive and alright. That's thought has been running through my head for the past 6hrs now. I'm awaiting her arrival at the airport now.

When mom left and took Tessa with her, we were all heartbroken. She was our princess, our little sister.
When Lina, her social worker called me this morning to inform me of Tessa's situation and ask if I'd consider being her guardian, I didn't hesitate to say I would be. We've been searching for Tessa for years and never having any luck. Mom and dad got divorced after finding out dad had an affair with his secretary. Mom packed her stuff and took Tessa with her in the middle of the night. We were all devastated. Crushed.

Our mother was beautiful, kind and caring. She loved all of us. I'm not upset with her leaving because I understood why. I was upset because she took my only baby sister away from us.

When Lina told us of her passing, I was heartbroken. Then I heard it happened two years ago and Tessa was with her stepfather. If I had known that then I would've taken her then. She deserved to be with family. Her blood family.

The boys are all at home anxiously awaiting her arrival. All the boys are excited to see her with the exception of Lijah. He is a bit wary of it all. He loves her but he's tough and he doesn't handle his emotions with a clear mind. He was mad when mom took Tessa and not him. It's not fair for him to blame Tessa for that decision but I can tell he does.

I see the plane land and jump out of my seat. Tessa should be one of the first people off as I had her be in first class. She deserves the best especially right now.
The gate opens and Tessa is walked out with a flight attendant.

I see her face and I notice something off. She's limping. And not only that, she has a bruise on her cheek. She looks scared when she looks at me and my heart shatters. My little sister is scared of me

"Tessa, I'm your oldest brother Leo. I'm so happy to see you beautiful. Let's go get your luggage and we can head home". She looked down at the ground the whole time and finally spoke, "this is it". She stated looking at the backpack sling on her shoulder. I was shocked. She's a teenage girl. All the teenage girls I've meet would've had 3,4 maybe 5 cases of clothes with them and my sister only has a small pack.

We walked to my car in silence. I could feel the fear radiating off of her. I felt a pang in my chest. I don't want mi amora to be afraid of me. I watch her get into the car and she's struggling. But nevertheless she gets in and buckled herself. I drive off heading home with my sorellina (little sister).