Gryffindor

>Third Person<

"Soon you'll realize some are more superior than others, Potter. I can help you there" Draco put his hand out and Harry took it, shaking it before Mcgonagall tapped his shoulder.

"Draco Malfoy" Mcgonagall she said, holding the scroll and hat. He walked up and sat down with a confident smile and when Mcgonagall sat the hat on his head it took a moment. "Better be... Gryffindor!" The teachers were very shocked- but Draco was even more shocked as both of his parents were hardcore Slytherins. 

Draco slowly got up and walked over to the Gryffindor table with the others. Soon Ron and Harry joined the table with him, Dumbledore announced some basic rules- mainly for the first years- before letting them eat.

"Blood Traitor" Slytherins spat at Draco and he slowly walked to the staircase. "I hope your father disowns you" Another one said and then Harry appeared at his side, taking his arm and glaring at the Slytherins, taking the boy up to the common room.

"Sorry-" "you're fine, Draco. Let's go see the dorm" Harry said and they went upstairs to find the other boys unpacking some. "That's your bed" Harry pointed to the one next to his with Draco's trunk at the end. 

*^* 

Later that evening Draco received an Howler. He was terrified to open it. "Open it Draco" Hermione said and he turned red as he opened it slowly. "Draco Lucius Malfoy you are a disgrace to the Malfoy name! how DARE you get sorted into Gryffindor. You DISGUST us. Don't bother coming home for the holidays. Find somewhere else to go for the summer, we don't want to ever see you again you unworthy piece of rubbish. Don't ever write to us or try and contact us" Lucius's voice came from the howler before it ripped itself into pieces. "You're okay Draco-" "My father just disowned me! how can i be okay!" Draco snapped, slamming his hands on the table and getting up to leave.

"I'll talk to him, don't worry" Harry said, following him. They ended up in an empty corridor because Draco turned around after he stopped. "what" "you may not be a Slytherin, Draco. But you're a Gryffindor. That means you'll be apart of our friend group and if any Slytherin wants to smack talk you, we have your back" Harry said and Draco sighed. "I guess I don't have a choice huh" "nope!" Harry said with a smile and Draco smiled too. 

*^*

"Neville, did you lose something?" Draco asked, holding Trevor in his hands and Neville smiled "Where was he!" Neville took him and the toad croaked "going down the stairs, keep a better eye on him. I almost stepped on him" Draco said, running his hand over his gelled back hair and Neville nodded, saying thank you before leaving to the boys dorm. "Harry? where are you!" Hermione huffed, coming downstairs to just find Draco sat by the fire "he's in the boy's dorm, his scar has been hurting" "he should talk to Dumbledore about that!" Hermione huffed.

"Hermione, it's not that bad. I don't have to talk to him" Harry came downstairs behind her and she turned around. Draco smiled at Harry and he smiled back.

*^*

Draco was feeling a lot more confident with the trio and being a Gryffindor- they have gotten really protective over Draco when someone says something rude to him. "Back off Terence" Harry said, pulling Draco back and the boy scoffed- spitting at the floor before leaving. "Are you okay?" Harry said, turning around to Draco and he nodded.

Later that evening they had detention for being out of bed past curfew. Goyle had busted them. "Draco, you and Harry will go together. I'll take Hermione and Ron" Hagrid said and Harry noticed the boy was paler than usual as the lantern fire hit his face.

"Are you okay?" Harry had asked once again as they walked together through the forest and Draco pushed the lump in his throat down. "I don't like the dark" Draco whispered softly and Harry smiled a bit. "You're okay, you're not alone. I'm right here-" A wolf howled in the distance and Draco's hand shot to Harry's wrist "here" Harry slowly laced their hands together and Draco blushed but it got him to relax.

"are you scared still?" "no" Draco whispered, squeezing his hand when another howl echoed the dark. "maybe" Draco huffed and Harry brushed his thumb on the back of his hand. 

"Harry!" Draco yelled when the black figure looked right at Harry- they weren't holding hands anymore as Harry had fallen backwards on a root. Draco pulled him up before the figure could get him and they ran. 

*^* 

"Harry! are you okay?" Draco, Hermione, and Ron ran into the hospital wing after he woke up.. he just got back from going through the trapdoor with them. They came out fine but Harry was extremely weak. "It was Quirrell" Harry mumbled, and they looked at each other. "he had Voldemort on the back of his head, he was helping him.. but when he touched me he started to burn and so i kept touching him and now he's gone.. it hurt my scar a lot" Draco rubbed the boy's forehead lightly with a few soft finger in slow movements and he smiled "Well the good thing is, you're safe" Hermione said, smiling at them and Harry nodded, pressing his head into the pillow.