[ Chapter 27 - Three Shots ]

"You're engaged to Jack Aceson Juarez, aren't you? Dr. Sony for short?"

Ace smiled and raised his right hand up to show me his ring finger. I had not noticed it just now but the design was exactly like mine, the only difference was mine had a diamond embedded on it. 

"Stop kidding," I laughed nervously. 

"Do I look like I joke?" he smirked. 

"You used to joke with me all the time," I rolled my eyes. 

I paused when I realized I had just bought up a topic connected to our past relationship.  I had been stepping on landmines during the whole conversation and this was probably the biggest one yet.

"That was in the past Vandia. Weren't you the one who told me to just forget it and move on?" he raised an eyebrow at me and I quickly recalled all those times I had ignored him again. I was about to turn and leave when Ace spoke again, the glint in his eyes shined brighter than before.

"So you were saying that Dr. Sony is handsome, smart, and a good kisser?" he leaned, emphasizing the words handsome, smart, and a good kisser. 

"I take it back!" I blushed profusely before taking my leave. I had thought that he would follow me but he didn't. I was also hoped that he would bump into me again that night but he also didn't.

When I finally got home I tried my best to register the fact that I was engaged to Ace. 

I had called my father to ask him for Dr. Sony's full name and to my surprise, it really was Ace. He said that Ace told him to refer to him as Dr.  Sony because that was the name I knew him by. I found myself rolling my eyes when I learned about it. He had purposefully made me believe that he was someone else. 

It finally made sense why Dr. Sony replied rudely to me when I had messaged him before. He knew I was his ex, he knew he was getting married to his ex, no wonder he had been so grumpy. Then again, if he knew that it was me, why did he go through with the marriage?

Is he still in love with me? No, impossible. It must be for the position. 

How could anyone resist the offer of being the President of the Vandia corporation? It was one of the most well-known hospitals throughout the world, he would have a lot of power just by marrying me. 

I continued to contemplate and answer every question I came up with until I finally fell asleep that night. 

I woke up just before lunch the following day. I had no plans on going anywhere except to finish up all the things I had to approve for the Hospital in Italy. Chase and I were going to talk about Edward's case before dinner but it was going to happen at home so I didn't have to bother to prepare myself. 

My phone vibrated and I immediately checked who it was.