Twenty -seven

Short chapter but enjoy 💛

Omniscient

Ahsha,

I cannot continue to only see you when Malik and Ares's schedule permit it. Not being able to see when I want is not enough for me and I know it's not enough for you either. It truly pains me to know that my presence has hindered your relationship with Malik and Ares or cause you any unwarranted stress. I feel that it is in everyone's best interest if I take a step back and allow your relationship with Malik to flourish. I will be going back home and I won't bother you any further. I know you may not understand why I'm doing things this way but all I truly want for is to see you happy. And I can see now that my arrival has hinder that.

I love you dearly. These past two years have meant the world to me and I will always cherish our time together. You will always be my sweet mate.

-Pablo

--

Ahsha received that letter from Pablo a week after her confrontation with Malik and Ares. In the span of two weeks Ahsha had been hit with a number of gut-wrenching blows to her emotional well-being. She felt like she was drowning. Malik had taken notice of his mate's drastic shift in mood. He and Ares stepped up doing anything they could to cheer her up while also making sure she knew they were sorry for what they had did just a week earlier. Whether that be by making her spend time in the garden, walking their dogs around the property, or cooking together. She enjoyed the time they spent together, it took her mind off of Pablo but when nighttime came, she was left with her thoughts.

It wasn't until one-night Ares found himself in control of Malik's body as he sat in their office. He was looking over several files that had been sent to him, but he couldn't focus his mind continued to drift to Ahsha. He knew that she still hated him, and she had every right but if pushed to do it again he would. So, he made sure that he would never have to lock her in their room again. "She's taking it harder than I thought she would." He said as he stood pouring himself glass of scotch.

'She loved him.' Malik said. Ares grunted. "Her sadness calls out to me." Ares spoke before taking a sip. Ares was growing stronger every day and the pull he felt towards Ahsha grew with it. The need to have her solely to himself was beginning to become all consuming. 'You shouldn't. She's not ready.' Malik said. Ares finished off the rest of his drink before pushing Malik's voice to the back of his head.

He walked slowly and calmly down the hall to the bedroom he shared with Ahsha. As he opened the door and looked around not seeing her sitting on the bed. He looked at the bathroom hearing soft music play and the shower running. He pulled his shirt over his head tossing it on the bed before walking to the bathroom. He leaned against the counter watching as Ahsha stood under the water. It took a minute before she felt his eyes on her. A chill ran over her body when she saw Malik watching her. She opened the shower door poking her head out.

She met his eyes seeing Ares staring back at her. "Yes?" She asked. "Can I join you?" He asked. There was something different in his eyes but Ahsha couldn't place it. Ares watched as she got lost in her thoughts. He missed his feisty mate; he had grown to love her smart mouth and her sarcastic remarks. She didn't argue with him, in fact she hardly spoke at all. He stepped forward caressing her chin before lightly brushing his thumb over lips. She met his eyes once again. "Okay." She said surprising herself. The anger and need to fight either of them had dropped tremendously. Although she hadn't told either of them this, they had been the only factors keeping her from completely breaking down.

"The water is hot." She warned him making him chuckle. "I think I'll be okay." He said smiling as he stripped. Ahsha found herself laughing at what she said. Ares stood behind her as the water washed over them. His hand lightly gripped her hips as he pressed her back against him. He heard her whimper softly as his fingertips danced across her skin. "I know you haven't felt like yourself lately." He whispered in her ear. "I saw the letter Pablo sent you." He continued before she spun in his arms looking up at him. "He didn't want me—again." She said barely audible. "He chose to leave me—again." She said shaking her head as she stared at Ares's chest.

"I was willing to fight you and Malik to be with him." She explained. Ares tensed at her words, but he could hear the hurt in her voice as she spoke. He shook his head. "This is what I was trying to protect you from." He said. "He has a history of leaving when things get too hard. I didn't want you to experience that." He explained as she pressed her forehead into his chest. "My methods may have been extreme and for that I will spend the rest of my life trying to apologize for that, but I'd do it again if it meant you wouldn't have to experience this pain." He said pulling her flush against him.

"Why didn't you just tell me instead—" "Instead of letting you hate me. I'd rather you hate me for keeping you safe than for you to lose the beautiful glow in your eyes." He said as she looked up at him. "I regret everything I did. I just felt like I was losing you not only to Malik but then to Pablo. I know my actions made it difficult for you to trust me, but I will do anything I can to earn it back." Ares spoke as the song that was playing faded to mellow song. "I miss you. I miss us. I miss the relationship we had before all of this." He continued. Ahsha shook her head. "So much has happened." She said. "I can be better; you just have to let me know there's hope." He said.

"Is there—hope?" He asked. "One more chance." She softly said. "You fuck up again I will leave you." She said.  Although Ares knew she meant what she said he knew she'd never been able to hide from him. He'd find her wherever she went. "I give you my word." He said as his hands caressed her body. He tilted her head, so she was looking at him. "I will be better for you and Malik." He said as his dark gaze held her captivated. As they stared at each other no other words were spoken as their lips met.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.