x

Chapter Ten: Jeongyeon's Old Friend

It was Wednesday evening and Jimin was lying in his bed.

      Wednesday was the only day where Jimin wasn't working or practising ballet late into the night and those days, he always resided at Jeongguk's house. He found it to be calmer than his own and he wanted to spend his free-time with Jeongguk. Jeongyeon and his mother were downstairs, cooking something up for a movie night.

      They were each in their own corner of the bed, Jimin lying flat on his stomach, his knees bent, his feet in the air and with a pillow under his chest. He was holding his phone. Jeongguk, sitting up by the window, observed Jimin as he texted his new friend.

      He had been glued to his phone a lot recently, due to the simple fact that he had exchanged phone numbers with the one and only after their shift on Monday. After Taehyung had left, Monday evening, Jeongguk had opened his phone to countless of messages from Jimin entailing how Yoongi had asked for his number–OMG Guk, I'm literally dying–wanting to send him a cute video of a cat (something which Jeongguk found to be very interesting­) and from there hadn't been able to stop texting.

      Jeongguk poked his friend in the back with his foot. "Give me attention," he said.

      Jimin shook his head. "Nope."

      Jeongguk poked him again. Jimin just shrugged.

      "Are you going to be one of those people who ditch their friends when they get boyfriends?" he said. 

      "You know it."

      Jeongguk pouted. "So, I'll be all alone."

      "You can be with Nari."

      Jeongguk grabbed a pillow and banged it on Jimin's head, causing the other to groan slightly. He put his phone in his pocket and turned around, folding his arms under his head. "Fine, what do you want?"

      What he wanted to do was tell him about his plan, the plan he had made with Taehyung, he wanted to ramble on about it, talk about everything that had lead up to it, talk about their chat in the swimming-hall, the party, his and Mina's fight, the Sunday brunch and how mad he had felt, the Monday brunch and how happy he had felt, but at the same time, he didn't want to. He wanted to keep this little plan to himself, he wasn't sure Jimin would understand anyway.

      "How are things with the cat?" he said.

      Jimin smiled at the nickname. "I don't know," he said. "There's definitely something there, but I'm not sure if I'm just reading into things, if I'm the only one who's interested–I mean, maybe he's just being nice, friendly."

      "Nah," Jeongguk said. "I think there's something there."

      Jimin bit his lip. "Yeah," he said. "But you can't just think so. You have to be sure. It's not the same when it's a boy, you can't just take a leap of faith. It might not end well ..." Jimin trailed off.