𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧- 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐫

*Flashback Y/N's POV*

"What's wrong Madison? You've been quiet all day, I even tried giving you half of my cookie at lunch and you didn't want it. Are you feeling sick or something?" I asked my best friend. We were on the bus ride home and it was bothering me that Madison had been quiet all day. I'd make a joke and she wouldn't even laugh like she usually did. She's been my best friend since preschool and now we're big kids in second grade.

"Last night my mommy told me we're moving," Madison said looking at me with sad eyes. "Well that doesn't sound bad you're probably going to get a bigger room you won't have to share with Ryder anymore I know you don't like sharing with him," I replied trying to give her something positive to look forward to.

Madison shook her head "I don't want to move I won't be going to the same school as you anymore. We won't be living in New York anymore either we're moving to California daddy got a new job there." I didn't understand much but I knew things wouldn't be the same Madison wouldn't even be in the same place as me anymore. "Well, you're still going to be my best friend right?" I asked Madison she nodded "mommy said we could write to each other she's going to give your mommy our new address. We'll be best friends still I'm gonna miss you so much Y/N." Madison hugged me tightly and I hugged her back just as hard this was the worst day ever.

*Present Day Y/N's POV*

"Y/N are you alright?" My manager Audree asked "yeah sorry I was just thinking about something" I replied. "You looked like you were super deep into thought you want to talk about it?" I shrugged "I know it sounds stupid but I always get like this around this time of year I had a best friend back in second grade. We were so close for a while she was the only friend I had because the other kids thought I was weird being a girl with a pee-pee as they said. But Madison was different she made me feel loved even at that young of age. One day she told me she was moving to California and it was like my world came crashing down because I was going to lose her. She promised me we'd write to each other all the time and we did for maybe a month or two and then the letters stopped." I said getting a little emotional.

"What happened after that? Did you try looking for her?" Audree asked "I couldn't do anything back then as a kid but I never forgot about her when I was old enough to get my own phone and social media blew up of course I looked for her. I remember Justin Beiber tweeted a video of some girl singing on YouTube and when I clicked on the video I was shocked to see it was my Madison. I found her on Instagram and I followed her and then DMed her but the message was read and that was it." Audree looked at me with furrowed eyebrows "Madison you're talking about Madison Beer?" I nodded.

"Shitty thing is she doesn't remember me at all, we've been at the club at the same time and she's never looked in my direction twice. But nothing could ever take the memories I had with her away from me. I've come to terms with it I was just a friend she had up until the second grade and that was it. But with me, it's like she left a lasting impression in my life. I wish things were different but they aren't." Audree looked at me sympathetically which I hated when people did it bothered me a lot.