Chapter 24

Elyon's POV

School was back in session and test week was just around the corner. Everyone was preparing like crazy and I didn't get a chance to really see Jamal. I smiled as his face came to my mind again. His face and the kiss that happened two weeks ago.

That kiss...

I didn't even believe I had it in me to kiss like that. Mostly because I haven't kissed anyone before. It was my first kiss. After lunch that Friday, when we were both back to the work room, he became hella clingy and unlike with other guys where I cringe when they touch me too closely, I welcomed this one because it was soothing and my heart wouldn't stop beating. He kept hugging me from behind, breathing against my neck, giving off a sensual yet calm feel. Though he didn't kiss me after that, I didn't think whether to be disappointed or grateful because suddenly I had become really shy.

When I told him it was my first kiss, he was shocked and happy all in one. Happy that he had been my first kiss, shocked because I was too experienced for a first kisser, his words not mine. He then said he was grateful Mateo didn't get to kiss me that night at the party. I laughed when he said that because he had a jealous glint in his eyes.

We've talked after that. He's been hinting being in a relationship but at the same time he was hinting about taking it slow, which I appreciated. In school we tried to keep things on the down low and leave everyone to their speculations about things between us. I haven't even told the guys about it. Somadina and Vanessa were wrapped in their own world and Skye, well, I had a feeling she knew about the kiss, because she's been teasing me non stop since that day.

"Only heaven knows why you are smiling to yourself. You are thinking about my brother abi..." Her voice pierced through my mind trip and I jerked my face to look at her. She had a teasing smile playing on her lips and her emerald eyes held a mischievous grin.

Shebi, I told you people that she has been teasing me. Can you see now??

"I was just thinking, Skye. Stop imagining whatever you are imagining." I told her as I went back to studying. We were in an empty class south of the seniors block, reading for test.

"I don't know who are deceiving. I know something happened that day in his art work room. You just don't want to admit. Probably because you are pregnant sef." She deadpanned and I widened my eyes at her exaggeration.

"Haba Skye. We only kissed." I said and she smiled at me. It was then I discovered my error.

Oops.

"Finally, you admit it! I had to get that out of you one way or another." She said and I grimaced at her. She only laughed at my expense.

"So now that I've admitted it, did it buy you knew cloths or new shoes?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"Just gist me jare. How was it?" She dropped her books and looked at me. I laughed at her antics.

"Skye, we have to read for test." I told her and she hissed so loud.

"Abegi. Test isn't until next week. We are shana people. We will pass even if we don't read." She dismissed and I chuckled. "Now gist me abeg." She said eagerly and I laughed, licking my bottom lip as my mind automatically went back to that Friday.

"Med oo. The kiss must have done you strong thing. See as you dey lick lip!" Skye hailed and I doubled up with laughter. Just as I was about to get talking, Mateo walked in and I saw Skye's face turn upside down. I watched as they stared at each other before Skye looked away and Mateo sighed.