Chapter Forty-Seven: Lying and Betraying You

“In my defense, I don’t think we did anything wrong here.” I heard someone say, causing me to slowly open up my eyes.

I let out a groan as I clutched my head in my hands. Why did it hurt more than it should?

“Ali?” I looked up to see Gavin staring down at me, with a solemn expression. “How you feeling?”

“Well, you know. Besides fainting and getting arrested I am doing pretty well, you?” I questioned, sarcastically.

“Meow.” I heard someone say, causing me to turn my pounding head. “Isn’t she sassy?”

I narrowed my eyes at the brown headed officer who was staring at me with amused eyes. “Who are you?”

He raised his eyebrows at me, “Well if you haven’t noticed I am a police officer.” He said, showing me his badge.

“No you nimrod, what is your name.” I said, becoming annoyed with him.

“I wouldn’t call me a nimrod if I was you. After all, I am the one who has you behind bars.” The officer said, smirking at me.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. “You know you are very immature for a police officer.”

The officer just shrugged, propping his feet onto the desk and pulling out his phone. He didn’t bother responding to my comment, because he was too fixated with his phone.

I looked back at Gavin who was looking at me with tired eyes. “Why are you in another cell?” I asked, moving closer to his cell.

“Because boys and girls aren’t allowed to be in the same cell.” The officer said, aloud.

“Says who?”

“Says me.”

I opened up my mouth to say something when Gavin cut me off before I even had a chance to start. “Ali, don’t anger the guy. He can keep us here as long as he wants.” Gavin said, whispering to me. “Trust me on this. I speak from experience.”

I nodded my head, if I didn’t feel like a truck just run over me. I would have said something, but right now. I was in no mood to argue.

“What happened after I fainted?” I questioned.

“Well, the two officers locked me in handcuffs then they both dragged you towards their car.” Gavin explained, waving his hands around that were still cuffed together.

“Why didn’t they just carry me?”

“Those wimps were too weak.”

I rolled my eyes, “Of course they were.”

“Hey! At least I didn’t smack her head twice on the door.” The officer said, giving Gavin the evil eye.

“Is that why my head feels like I was run over?”

“What? No.” Gavin said, scoffing his eyes looking elsewhere.

I opened my mouth to protest when the blonde headed officer walked in.

“Darrell? Get your nasty feet of my desk.” The blonde officer said, smacking Darrell’s feet of his desk.

“You’re no fun…” Darrell said, whining childishly.

“I am really starting to question who on earth gave you this job.” I muttered, aloud.

I heard Gavin snicker as he gave me a grin. I smiled, looking back at the two officers who were now bickering with each other.