Chapter 3

~Alex~

One room. One. Room.

My lips parted. No way. I could handle sleeping in a room with literally anyone, even the receptionist - but this man?

I wouldn't survive a night. I've watched too murder documentaries to be pulled into this.

"Cut the crap. I said two rooms." His sharp voice filtered through the pungent air.

The receptionist avoided his eyes with worry. "Sorry sir, the hotel's always booked fully because of truck drivers who have their layovers here."

Sounds like a problem I could fix. I stepped towards the desk, placing my hand on the counter as an indifferent gaze warmed the side of my face.

My voice was smooth and confident. "Are you sure you don't have any other rooms.....?" My eyes flickered to his name badge. "Camilo."

"I'm sure."

I moved forward, closer towards him. My mouth was hovering inches from his. He remained still, but his nervously darted between me and the man next to me. "You sure?"

He swallowed, almost unwillingly glancing down at my cleavage. "I-I'm sure."

Before I could say anything further I'm snatched back by my arm, a large body standing in front of me. "Just give us the damn key."

I rolled my eyes as he was handed the key, and pulled in the direction of the main doors. "You just love touching me don't you." I asked, being tugged towards a door outside.

"What do think this is, whores-r-us?"

"Maybe he could have had another room."

"He was about to shit himself. I don't think so."
We stopped in front of the door and he pushed it open.

Through the smell of plaster and dusty furniture, the silence was abrasive. Just me and a possibly murderous man between four walls.

God, something was wrong with me- I was supposed to be in Palermo this very second. I should have just stuck to sewing as an interest, because traveling was very expensive mentally.

He started to check inside the wardrobe, bathroom and behind the curtains. My eyebrows furrowed in a condescending way, he was insane. "What are you doing?"

"Checking for intruders." He replied coldly. Somebody's paranoid.

"Well I'm not sharing a room with you."

He started removing his watch, lowering his eyebrows. "Who said you're sharing a room with me?"

"I thought there was only one room left."

He set his watch on the dusty table, lifted a pillow from the couch and held it front of me. I stared at the pillow and back at him.

"You'll need a pillow if you're going to sleep outside." 

Eyes narrowing, mg hands ran up to my hips. "You're out of your mind."

"There's only one room. Sleep outside or inside, make your choice."

"Fine." I spat.

"I'll take the couch."

My eyes shot towards his. "But-"

"I didn't ask." He snapped in a non-negotiable tone. I exhaled with defeat before going towards the bathroom, hoping to wash all this dirt off of me.

It also gave me a chance to examine my bruises and cuts in the mirror, and when it came to actually showering it was extremely painful. I had a gnash over the side of my forehead, bruises and slits on the rest of my body whereas he simply had a little scratch on his cheek. Unbelievable.