Chapter 40

Ace's POV

Bria should probably have started college by now. I miss her more and more each day. I tried to write her letters and at first the guard didn't allow it but after seeing how pathetic I looked he helped me send the letters.

It's been months since I've been here and the only visitors I've had so far were Cara and Jim. I have no idea if Ash tried to visit me since I had already told them that I do not want to see her.

I kept hoping and praying that Bria was okay and that she hadn't forgotten me. I know for a fact that she won't be able to visit me until she is eighteen and that is if her mom allows her to but I still kept hope. I looked for her everyday.

***

The first year had past and there was still no sight of Bria. I know for a fact that she was eighteen now but maybe she just had a busy schedule. College is a lot of work after all. Bria would never abandon me.

By now, my hair had gotten long and I needed a shave. I had refused all the previous times but my face has been itchy as f**k lately. The beard has to go.

***

Another two years had passed and still no sight of Bria. I had already given up all hope and decided to just move on with my life. I was extremely hurt and angry beyond belief but I had to be strong. I can't and won't allow myself to be some weak minded guy.

Hailey came to look for me today. She brought a diary for me to write down my feelings but I almost ripped her to shreds. That was when the guard and the judge decided that I needed anger management classes and therapy. What for? I don't know. I'm not even as bad as they make me out to be.

Harold,The gym owner came to look for me as well. He had tears in his eyes as he gave me the worst possible advice. He wanted me to use my cellmate as a punching bag to release some of my anger. Despite my depressed state, I still managed to crack a small smile.

***

It wasn't until my fifth year in prison that I was able to ask about Bria. It still hurt like hell to talk about her but I have to suck it up and move on. Mom said that she had disappeared the night of her graduation and no one had seen or heard from her since.

No one even knew what school she went to or where she even lived. Her mom had been the talk of the town and even the man that she was sneaking around with had left her.

I tried finding out what had caused Bria to leave so suddenly but no one knew. No one even spoke to Bria's mom anymore. Rumor has it that she caused Bria to run away. Why is that not surprising?

Even after hearing all of this I was still mad at Bria. She didn't even come to see me once. She hadn't even thought of me, yet I sat here everyday and thought about her like a d*mn fool.

Hailey and I have become really close and I asked her to search heaven and earth for Bria. She had claimed that I had an obsession but I didn't care what she had to say.

The therapist had asked me to find hobbies to get my mind off of her because she always triggered my tantrums but even while doing the things I love, I still thought about my curly headed chocolate. Or should I say 'the' curly headed chocolate. I'm not sure she is mine anymore.

***

Today marks the end of my sentence. I was being released today. I couldn't be more happier yet at the same time I felt sad. Had Bria waited for me like I asked her to? What would I do if she hasn't? Question after question ran through my mind, questions that I was afraid to know the answers to.

Dad drove past my house on the way home but I couldn't even look at the building. He thought that it would make me feel better but it didn't. The grass had grown quite long so he said he would call someone to mow it. Good for him. There was no way I was going back to that house. Too many bad memories.