Chapter 32

"Spin! Spin, spin!" I giggled, watching Nindsey spin around as he followed my comand, (and also the treat that was pinched between my index finger and thumb.)

Arms suddenly looped from behind me, gently picking me up with strength I still didn't understand.

I laughed, "Nathaniel! Let me go!"

I heard him chuckle, and he nuzzled my neck, "You're just so irresistible."

Chills ran up my spin. "You're not so bad yourself."

This was my moment. I reached behind me, and jabbed his sides with my pointer finger. He dropped me immediately.

"Ow." I jokingly muttered, rubbing my lower back.

He had a strange look on his face. "What did you just do?"

"I tazed you." I replied, looking up at him.

"What does that mean?"

I triumphantly sighed. "Nevermind. It's too challenging for you're brain to understand."

Nathaniel grinned, and rushed forward to me.

I squealed starting to stand up, but it was too late. He grabbed my waist, and pinned me on the floor by my wrists. Straddling me by his legs, he started to tickle me.

I laughed immediately; almost screaming, until tears leaked out of my eyes.

The front door opened, and in came Lavender. "What is going on in here?",

"Lavender." I sputtered. "Help me."

"I swear, you two are going to get me arrested one day. People were staring at our door like someone was getting murdered." She muttered, dropping her purse and crossing the kitchen.

Nathaniel reluctantly got off me, and leaned against the wall. Lavender disappeared from the room, and I exhaled, covering my eyes with my hands. My body was tingling.

"How are you doing?"

I peeked from my fingers. "I was just attacked. What do you think?"

He chuckled. "No, I mean how are you doing in general? Like with Hellen, and the release day?"

I sat up, leaning against the couch. It was funny. We were always on the ground. "Good. Hellen's the same old, same old. The release day.." I trailed off.

He waited.

"I'm nervous." I admitted. "What if they don't like me?"

He scooted closer, caressing my face with his finger. "Who wouldn't like Lindsey Garland? It's impossible."

I smiled, than gulped. "I'm having the dreams again."

Nathaniel's romantic smile was replaced with a concerned look. "About-"

I nodded.

He sighed. "Why do you think that's happening?"

This was it. I didn't want too; I really didn't want too, but I had too. "I came down one morning, and he was in my kitchen. Everyone else was out-"

"Did he hurt you?" He immediately asked, searching my cheeks and neck with his hands.

I smiled, taking his hands and pulling them off. "I'm fine. It's just-he's back."

Nathaniel stood up, and held out a hand to me. I let him pull me up, and he guided me to the door with his clasped hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The police station." He replied nonchalantly.

~~~~~~~~

I watched Nathaniel's gestures, as I sat clasping and unclasping my hands. The nerves pulsed through me, as I studied the nods from the policeman.