"Who The Hell Is Callie"

"Cameron," Amelia rests her hand on mine as it covers the gear shift of the SUV. "Do you think we could ever be as happy as we were?"

I let go the of the gearshift after putting the car in park and, turning my hand over, I grip hers.

"Do you think you could ever love me?"

"Yes." She whispers softly, meeting my eyes. Her cheeks are flushed and there's a shy smile on her lips. "I think I could."

"Then I think we will be just as happy, if not happier." I smile at her, wanting to pull her into my arms. We've avoided the topic of love like the plague. I've been fearful of her answers, I still am. But this-this gives me hope.

"Come on," She gives my hand two quick reassuring squeezes. "We need to get ready for tonight."

We've decided to resume our weekly dinners with Isaiah and Meghan and I think everyone is excited to add another piece of normalcy into our lives.

She opens the car door and I follow suit. "Do you want me to finish dinner tonight?" I offer; knowing how tired she is and, although she hasn't complained, how much her back starts bothering her at the end of her second trimester.

"Help would me nice." She responds quietly as we start toward the house, we're close to the porch when the pale, tear-stained face of Audrey runs out of the house.

Concerned, my wife looks at me before running toward the house. I'm close behind her, our steps halting when we both encounter our shirtless son, pacing in anger. I almost don't notice the blonde sitting on the floor next to him, wearing less than than he is. When I do see her, my anger goes through the roof.

"Alexander," I grit my fists shaking as I clench and unclench them. "Get your friend out of my home and then we will talk in my office."

Silently, Amelia follows me to the office, where slam the door closed.

"He's an adult."

"He is in my home." I try to rein in my anger. "What if the Meghan dropped the little ones off while that," I motion outside the room. "whatever it was, was still going."

"It wasn't like that." A fully clothed Xander opens the office door, closing it behind him. "I didn't know you guys were going to be home so early."

"Clearly." I scoff, throwing my jacket onto the desk before pulling my chair around for Amelia to sit in.

"Dad," Xander runs his hand through his hair. "It wasn't what it looked like."

"Then what was it like, Alexander?" I question, placing my hand on Amelia's shoulder as I move behind her; her hand rests on top of mine in support.

"It's part of the plan." He says, looking away with a sigh.

Ah, yes, the mysterious plan. One day he's saying he knows what to do, then for weeks nothing happens until he has a random girl in our home.

"Having sex right by the front door?" My wife questions, and Xander flushes at her bluntness.

"Oh my god, Mom." He has to look away, embarrassment seeping through him.

"It's a reasonable question." I say, trying to hide my smirk when a strangled sound gets stuck in his throat. "Why the front door?"

"So it would be the first thing she saw." I distant look crosses his face, his embarrassment quickly disappearing. "My name will probably be appearing in the papers, just to warn you."

"As part of the plan?" Amelia questions and I quirk a brow in question.

"Yes." He responds, nodding. "I don't think she's the one selling information to reporters. I have a theory, but first I need to be sure."