43. A Day on the Island

Adailia's POV

"Beach!" Exclaimed all the old people while I stood there with an ankle-length dress and heels with a parasol in my hand, staring at the water, feeling sick all over again.

We left for the island the next day of the feast.

Mother and Father had already purchased a ship for this purpose and I was all too ready to have my first water voyage.

We also had, Aiden's fiance's family, Da Villa family travelling with us, who also wanted to check their daughter's wedding destination.

I was so excited for this day. I had already packed my luggage a week ago. And I was beyond happy when I knew that we had a whole big ass ship all to ourselves.

But a minor...no, a super major problem arrived when the ship started moving and my stomach started rumbling and the next second, I was throwing up rainbows on the floor.

I never knew I had seasickness.

It was really embarrassing, cause mother, father and Aiden came rushing and started asking obvious questions while babying me. I was reminded of my first day in this world all over again when mother started crying and father called for a doctor while Aiden (Aiden being an additional figure) picked me up and plopped me down on the stretcher while Seanna tried soothing my crying mother.

All the while, Aiden's in-laws were watching from the sidelines.

Ah, the embarrassment.

We left in the evening so we could reach the island the next morning, but I could barely stand 10 minutes before throwing up.

Hence I got minimum to no sleep.

My seasickness disappeared as soon as the ship stopped and I requested my parents to let me stay in the ship and get some sleep for a few hours while they go over the details and purchase the island.

They agreed and Seanna volunteered to stay with me till I feel better.

After getting a few hours of nap, I was feeling refreshed, so I made my way outside with Seanna.

The island was truly breathtaking.

It had soft white sand near the land touching the ocean and a bit darker on the inside where forest land started.

The weather was just perfect. Even though it was winter in the capital, it never snowed, just some occasional hail storms. I was worried about the cold near the ocean but it was perfectly sunny today and the breeze was cool, complementing each other.

I was standing there, mesmerised by the beauty when I saw father signing some documents then passing it to the head of the Da Villa family.

We had the rest of the day to ourselves and all of them decided to enjoy the water.

All the couples, mother and father, Mr. and Mrs. Da Villa, Aiden and Jasmine were talking a walk along the shore, occasionally splashing water at each other while I just silently sat on the sand under a tree beside Seanna with a fancy parasol in my hand (for protection from sun rays), twirling it around in my fingers till it's corner hit my eye and I thought I had gone blind if it weren't for Seanna's reassurance.

I was able to open my eyes after ten minutes and ordered Elsa to take that dangerous eye stabbing thing away from my itchy hands.

After sitting there for another fifteen minutes and drawing random patterns on the sand, Seanna (who was so busy enjoying the peaceful sight of the ocean that I forgot she existed) finally said, "Do you want to build a sandcastle?"