16 you think a police chase would keep me away from you?

TALIA RUBBED SLEEP OUT OF HER EYES, SITTING UP AND TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE UNKNOWN VOICE COMING FROM THE CAR

TALIA RUBBED SLEEP OUT OF HER EYES, SITTING UP AND TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE UNKNOWN VOICE COMING FROM THE CAR. When she awoke fully, she realized it was the radio Kiara had insisted on playing, trying to hear updates about what was going on with John B. Not to Talia's surprise, Ward blamed Peterkin's murder on John B, pushing all of the blame off of his son. She knew he would do anything to protect Rafe and his image, so he blamed the Pogue. John B was already seen as a delinquent after running from the cops multiple times, and it seemed to be that whatever Ward Cameron said was the truth, no questions asked.

"And still, no arrests have been made in regards to the death of Sheriff Susan Peterkin," the man on the radio explained as cop cars flew past the Pogues, parked in an old garage, tucked out of sight. "The state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from-" Kiara slammed her hand onto the radio, shutting it off quickly. Talia looked over to John B, who's eyes were out the window, focusing on the green trees and he moss that hung from them.

"Alright," JJ began, "Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all." He said, referring to Talia, Kiara, and Pope. Talia may have high marks at school, but she could truly say that she couldn't think of a solution out of this that would benefit everyone.

"Who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?" JJ continued, flipping the top of his lighter. Even though he was saying it bluntly, they all knew what he was insinuating was the truth.

"So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial type of person. And the accused is John B, who is pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment." JJ explained, making Talia hit the side of his arm.

"What? It's not like I'm wrong."

"Yeah, but you could have worded it a bit better." Talia chastised, resting her hand on John B's forearm, tracing small shapes to distract herself.

"Shit." Pope muttered, rubbing his hand over his forehead, no doubt a stress headache forming from all of this.

"Look man, Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option." JJ put out there, making John B roll his eyes.

"Enough with your Mexico bullshit." He muttered, looking at Talia and silently thanking her for trying to help him relax with her small drawings on his arm.

"What other option do you have?"

"Look, Sarah's gonna bail me out." John B told everyone, making JJ roll his eyes.

"She did witness the whole thing." Kiara reminded everyone.

"And why aren't you out there telling everyone what happened, hm?" JJ looked to Talia, who gave him a death glare back.

"No! She's not going in there unless it's a last resort." John B answered before Talia could tell him off. He wanted to keep Talia close. Yes, she could help his case, but Sarah was perfectly capable of doing that, too. And he needed Talia for support, to stop him from making stupid choices and getting him out of his head, like she was doing by tracing stupid triangles and stars in his arm. Even though his head might be a better place to be right now, he knew that he needed to be present to think rationally, and she was helping him do that.