Chapter 11-

Sadie's POV

I was just about to walk into the dorm when I was nearly ran over by Jace and Squid as they were running out of the dorm.

"Hey Sadie!" They both greeted at the same time, as if they'd practiced.

"Hi guys," I replied, smiling to both of them.

"Where are you going?" Jace asked.

"I was just going to go back to my room,"

"What? No you have to come check out the new game Charlie just got!" Squid yelled, way too excited for a videogame.

"I'll check it out tomorrow or something," I said trying to back away and go inside but both of the boys grabbed my arms and pulled me along with them.

"No way! Everyone is going to be there so you need to be there too! Let's go," Jace said, holding on to my arm a little too tight. Instead of wasting my energy fighting with these guys I gave in. 

I followed the guys to the hangout in the library and to my dismay Kent was the first person I spotted in the room. He was sitting on one of the couches with a beer in his hand. I wonder how they managed to get beer when we were all obviously underage.

"Let's get this party started!" Chunk cried out dramatically, grabbing a beer for himself and plopping down on the floor, using the couch as a backrest and leaving a perfectly open seat for me next to Kent. Because how could my luck get any worse?

I sat down next to Kent, careful not to touch him but it was impossible since there were about three too many guys sitting on this small couch. I saw Kent smirk out of the corner of my eye but tried hard to ignore him.

Charlie and Squid were the first two to play the new game, with everyone else yelling at them and making fun of silly mistakes made. About halfway through the match I felt Kent move even closer to me. This boy and his games were beginning to get old.

"Did you have fun with the guys?" He whispered to me before taking a drink from his bottle.

"Is someone jealous?" I challenged, turning to glare at him and his smile grew.

"I'm always jealous when other guys get to spend more time with you than I do," His honesty caught me off guard and I was left with my mouth hanging open slightly instead of a cool comeback. Kent raised his eyebrows and winked at me, to which I could only roll my eyes at and pretend what he just said did not make my heart speed up.

"Who's next?" Squid asked holding up the remote. Two of the other guys quickly called dibs and the next match was one before we could even blink.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Charlie asked me as he stood up.

"Sure," Charlie winked at me himself now and walked away to the mini fridge. I heard Kent sigh and when I looked at him he was looking the other way. Someone was definitely jealous.

"Here you go, my lady," Charlie was back within a few moments and even bowed down to give me the drink. A couple others, including myself, chuckled at his dramatic notion. I grabbed the beer he had gotten for me and said a quick thank you before he sat back down.

I hate beer.

"Let me open that for you," Kent suddenly grabbed the bottle from my hand and popped off the top with his keychain from his pocket. "Enjoy,"

I took the bottle back from Kent and stared at the bottle for a second. The last time I had tried beer was about a year ago and it hadn't led to anything good.