|7|

jeongguk ended up bringing taehyung straight home. he felt like combusting with how many different random smells were mixed to taehyung's. the only thing that could finally calm his wolf was to bring taehyung to his nest and scent the hell out of the omega, hiding him from the world.

jeongguk didn't let taehyung walk one bit, opting to carry him from the car to the house and anywhere inside the house, including the bathroom. knowing how protective jeongguk's alpha was, taehyung let his husband do all the work, maybe it was okay being extra dotted once in a while, especially right now when he felt infinitely grateful for it.

jeongguk threw away taehyung's work clothes, changing him into one of the alpha's baggy shirt, boxer, and fluffy socks after washing the omega clean. then he proceeded to carry the omega to the bed so they could cuddle comfortably.

jeongguk's heart was still beating fast, anxiety clouding his mind. as today's events replayed in his head, he couldn't contain the deep growl working past his throat. he had been very scared when he smelt taehyung's scent coated with fear, their mating bond had also fluctuated wildly because of the omega's distress. remembering how that alpha kid touched his mate had almost brought back his lividness if taehyung had not pulled jeongguk's ears, putting the alpha's head on his scent glance and cutting his mate's thoughts before he could go rampant again.

jeongguk inhaled deeply, arms tightening around taehyung as he tried so hard to pull the omega closer than possible to his body, completely hiding the lithe body with his.

they stayed like that for hours in tranquil silence, minds racing faster than their syncing heartbeats.

---

seokjin had almost crashed his car onto a tree in his haste to drive to the jeon's house. he could swear that he had experienced heart attack as soon as namjoon inform him what happened at school. if only he hadn't been fucking stupid for not turning off the stove, he still could have been with taehyung and protected him.

he was such a useless brother. why did these kinds of thing always happen? why did he always have to be late? why, why--

no, he shouldn't think like this. his brother needed him. if he was not right in the mind, how could he provide taehyung his protection and safety? he could let his mind eat him away later, keep away the demons until taehyung had been basked with absolute comfort.

jin found the the door locked but he had spare keys so he wildly waltzed inside, finding the pair cuddling inside their bedroom, body tangled complicatedly that it was hard to look where the other ended with. sensing his arrival, jin was immediately greeted by a pair of red glaring eyes. jeongguk had always been scary whenever he got into this state, but seokjin compressed his fear and pulled forward to smack the alpha's shoulder softly.

"move away, you big wolf," seokjin sobbed, extreme worry etching on the edge of his trembling voice, eyes teary. "taehyungie, are you okay?! please let me see you."

"hyung!" taehyung let out a sob, wriggling out of jeongguk's hold which turned to be completely futile. knowing how the alpha wouldn't release taehyung any time soon, seokjin went to the other side of the bed and hug the younger omega tightly.

"oh, God, I'm so worried," seokjin cried on top of his little brother's head. "I'm so glad you're okay. I would have died if anything happen to you."

"no, no, hyung, I'm fine," taehyung reassured his hyung. he was the one being attacked but now there were two big babies who cried for him, clinging for dear life. "gukkie and joon hyung saved me. please don't cry, hyungie, I'll be sad, too."