Chapter 22: Brothers

Ryan

We sped through the forest and into the city straight to the airport. The quickest flight we could get to California was still a two hour wait. We sat patiently in the airport awaiting our flight. Emma was shaking her leg. It was her way of letting out her stress and worry. I held onto her hand and had us walk around the airport. It's better to move than sit feeling hopeless.

We stopped in front of a candy store. We entered and got different types of candies from taffy to sour strips. When we left we went and got a shake from the Rubies Cafe. We sat holding hands we stuck to small talk both of us know that's just what we needed.

Ryan kept a secure hold on my hand and he'd smell my hair from time to time to calm himself. We boarded the flight and once seated next to one another I laid my head on his shoulder and we played with each other's hands until take off.

"I love you Emmeline." He whispered As he played with the ring on my finger.

"I love you Ryan" I responded.

Those three words meant everything at that moment we needed them too. For Ryan and I our love was the only thing sturdy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We arrived at the pack house in record time. Ryan and I rushed to his office.

"Dad! What's wrong!" Ryan yelled as we practically ran in.

"We've received a letter. We believe it's from rouges although it has no scent left on it." Alpha says handing the letter for both of to see.

Give us the chosen and you shall live or else you all will burn.

"They want me." I whisper.

"What?" Alpha say's

"Ryan they want me." Tears leaking out my eyes as I grab onto his forearm as he stands their stunned. Before I know it the letters on the floor and I'm tucked into Ryan's arms.

"Emma's the chosen one. She's the Moon Goddesses heir." Ryan whispers.

Alpha stands their stunned.

"Is it true Emma?" Dad asks standing at the door frame.

"Yes." I squeak out.

We had a long discussion with Alpha and Dad. We told them if our trip and the dream and well my powers.

"She never told me." My father said shocked.

Our mother never told him of the visit or the deal. My dad would have told her not to ask for a second child if it could kill her to do so.

I feared that my dad might of blamed me for her death. For I was part of the deal. He didn't though. He agreed that I am as much of their child as I was the mood goddesses.

The meeting was long went on for around four hours. We still don't know who knows about me and how do they know I exist? Many people know who I am but no one knows of my visions besides the people in the room and of course Flora.

Flora was my mother's friend. Did my mother tell her other friends?

I was exhausted by the end and Ryan insisted I take a nap so we went up to his room and once again fell asleep in one another's arms.