Chapter 30

The royal palace echoed with the chirping of the royal ladies who were excited to see the new dresses the cloth merchants would bring for the queen. The ostentatious palace of Vijaygarh was donned beautiful with white lilies as the queen liked on the normal days.

Royal court was adjourned for the day and all the wives and daughters of the revered royal staff who held higher ranks in the administration and army were gathered in the imperial palace to enjoy the shopping session like always.

On the particular shopping days, the palace was beautifully decorated and all the ladies were accustomed to purchase the beautiful dresses for themselves. The palace looked vibrant as they ladies were laughing and talking among themselves enthusiastically.

As the queen of the palace, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore entered the huge hall with flamboyant golden walls, everyone stood in respect for her welcoming her. She let out an exasperated sigh as she took her seat as she realized she could not enjoy her shopping session as the royal ladies looked up to her admiringly.

After being crowned as a queen, Aparajita surely missed her good old days when she could run all around and chirp like a happy girl as the princess of the palace.

Now being the queen, Aparajita knew every move of hers was watched and looked upon. Unlike her old days, now Aparajita had to be responsible as always and she can never let guards down because, she was the royal queen of the Rathore clan ruling her kingdom.

As the hall began to fill with the merchants from all over the kingdom, Aparajita got an idea to enjoy the shopping just like old days when she could chirp and enjoy like an adolescent girl because she was a princess.

The regal throne of Vijaygarh had not only brought responsibility but also a code of conduct, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was expected to follow.

Getting up from her throne, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore said, “Attention everyone! I will be choosing my dresses in the adjacent chambers after all of you are done with your shopping. I have an urgent meeting with the commander-in-chief of the army”, as she pleaded with her bodyguard Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, who was standing away from the royal hall, to keep up with the act.

Avdhesh Singh Ranawat knew what was brewing inside the young mind of the queen. The middle-aged man chuckled realizing the fact that queen desperately needed some time for herself. The young girl is too brave to manage everything responsibility but unfortunate as she cannot live without inhibitions like other girls of her age even for a day, he thought as he ushered the queen on the pretext of the important discussion dragging two other officers of royal army with him.

Sitting in the chambers, the queen instructed to tighten the security towards Pranathgarh as her mentor, Siddharth Pratap Singh had told her about the construction of a palace going on there few days ago. Apart from this, she also emphasized over the tight security during her journey to Surajpur next week. After a while, she relaxed as the royal officers left the chambers.

Aparajita instructed the royal maids to send the merchants inside with their specimen of clothes. Soon, an old merchant entered the room showing her a wide range of royal dresses but she did not like any except one, a simple royal blue silk skirt and a matching blouse.

Soon her room was flooded with dresses and jewelry she had chosen as the merchants kept on coming to meet her. To her dismay, she had not found a perfect dress by now.

Exhausted after the ordeal, she asked the maids to send other merchants back when the royal maid said, “Your Highness! Only one merchant is left”.

Taking a deep breath, the tired Aparajita asked the royal maid to send him too. She was utterly disappointed at the collection of the apparels she had been shown and had not chosen more than five dresses along with some really good jewelry with appreciable designs.

As the exhausted queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore slumped on the upholstered royal couch, the young merchant entered the room and greeted the queen enthusiastically.

The queen lifted her face only to see the man wearing a familiar set of golden earrings and her chocolate brown eyes darkened in anger. She had certainly recognized the true identity of the merchant.

It did not took a second for her to realize that the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was disguised as the merchant.

Veerbhadra, for a moment, adored the beautiful queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore clad in a majestic light pink skirt with a silk blouse. She was looking spectacularly alluring in a minimal look. Today her dress was not really heavily embroidered and yet, she was dazzling like a celestial maiden.

The queen was, for once, afraid realizing the lack of security in the palace. She closed her eyes to avoid the dreadful fear that came into her mind. Frantically, she took out the sword from the scabbard and positioned herself with her big chocolate brown eyes burning with rage while Veerbhadra looked at her amusingly.

She flinched at the thought of the prince coming up with other soldiers in the palace. She realized the royal ladies were inside the palace and she needed to inform the guards soon and act calmly to avoid destruction of her territory. She sighed exasperatedly realizing she was indeed an incompetent ruler of the imperial empire of Vijaygarh.

“Queen, you are looking beautiful”, Veerbhadra said calmly trying to gain her confidence. He realized he was unarmed and his furious goldfish was ready to pounce at him.

Walking closer to the prince, yet, maintaining the safe distance, Aparajita said, “What are you doing in my territory? If it is an attack, you will be killed right here”, clutching the sword tightly in her left hand as she motivated herself to plan every move wisely.

“Queen, it is not an attack. If you want you can surely check things outside. I am all alone in your palace to talk to you.” Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput said calmly smiling at the queen who looked visibly worried.

“So you came all the way here to talk to me”, Aparajita said disbelievingly. “Are you aware of the implications?”, she questioned getting bewildered at the calm response of the prince.

Eyeing him from head to toe, she realized the prince seemed to be unarmed.

Frantically, she left the chamber and asked her bodyguard, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat to keep a check on the palace and ensure there is no intruder. Instructing him to be vigilant, she glanced everyone seemed gleefully enjoying their day in the palace.

She wondered what the prince was doing in the palace. Being well-versed with the warfare, she knew the prince would definitely not plan an attack especially by entering inside the palace. She also realized that the prince did not need to come to the palace of Vijaygarh all alone to study the architecture in case he would plan an attack in future, after all, he could simply hire some moles in case he wanted to do that.

Perplexed at the sudden arrival of the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput in the royal palace, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore entered the chamber gently closing it to ensure privacy as she mentally made a note to interrogate the prince. She did not want to witness another bloody battle so she decided to handle the matters calmly without involving the royal court till it was needed.

She knew the prince deserved a rigorous punishment in the royal dungeons for the act he had pulled up, but she wanted to sort out the matter diplomatically.

❤❤❤
Hi everyone
So, I am back with an update. 💖
I am really sorry, I couldn't update it earlier. 😔
Well! I was engrossed in beautiful novels written by Meraki18 😅😅😅 so I couldn't write the chapters. Well! The novels written by the author are really wonderful and amazing. I couldn't stop myself from reading. 💙💙💙
Do try this author's work, if you want because I stumbled on Permanently Yours written by the author once and loved it....❤❤❤❤
I will be back tomorrow till then enjoy the bliss of your life and shower your love on this story with plentiful votes and lovely comments. 😍 😍
Your comments and votes give me immense happiness 😉😉😉
Love you all
💜