↠ 41

"I think this is a good spot." Homura said. Currently, you were all trying to find a new location to hide out in for tonight. So far, nothing was going well. At this point, everyone was frustrated as Rei kept catching a scent that was too close by.

"There's a scent nearby." Rei commented.

And it looks like Homura had enough. "Ah of course. Let me just call a realtor and ask if there's an apartment without any ghouls nearby. I'm sure they'll be able to recommend a few places." The sentences alone dripped with sarcasm.

Fortunately, Rei was patient. "Sorry." He apologized. "I don't want them to attack you guys while we sleep."

Meanwhile, you were tired. You hung out in the back with Michael and Aika. These two have given up long ago as Rei kept on catching the damn scents near windows and doors. You three were patiently waiting for any order. Your eyes were already starting to slip close from the lack of sleep.

"I told you we should just be in an empty apartment." Aika muttered.

Rei nodded. "I think we have to. I think there's got to be some over there." He pointed at a large building that looked a bit dated. So there you guys went again. The leader picked a random balcony, looking at the couple of plants on it. As everyone crowded on the small balcony, Rei tested the sliding door and was surprised that it was unlocked. He went in first and lucky for everyone - there were no signs of anyone there!

It was almost empty inside. Just a couple of couches and chairs with paintings on the wall. You tiredly stood in the middle of the room, looking at the updated kitchen. Rei continued to investigate the place and he came to the conclusion that there was no one there. "Looks like it was just for show." He said and even you could smell the human who used to be here.

Aika nodded as she looked at the kitchen. "Yeah. They were supposed to sell it this weekend." That explained the furniture. Probably to draw in clients.

"We'll stay the night here. Is that good for everyone?" He asked and everyone quickly nodded so that he wouldn't change his mind. Finally, you took a seat on one of the chairs and the others did too. You slipped off your mask to relinquish the somewhat cool and stale air of the apartment. Resting your head back, your eyes closed. You were still tired from last night. Adding lack of sleep and with all this running around to find a temporary location in the sun? It was no wonder why you immediately slipped into sleep.

Someone shook you awake and you slowly opened your eyes. Michael's worried face appeared before you. "Y/N? Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah." You mumbled, confused on why you were being awoken.

Michael scowled a bit. "You sure? You were muttering in your sleep."

Were you? How come you couldn't remember any dream or something? All you knew was that the sun changed positions in the sky. Judging by the sunlight, you could guess it was in the afternoon. "Was I?

"Yes." Michael just gave you a smile. "Go back to sleep." He said and you nodded. You snuggled back into the cushioned chair and closed your eyes. Michael stared at you a bit, worried about you. He had never seen you do that. Mumbling something along the lines of; "Please don't tell the Doves."

He walked back to the other cushioned chair and relaxed in it. Rei had woken up from the whispers he heard. He relaxed seeing Michael return to his spot. The girls continued to sleep, unaware. Michael closed his eyes. They all better get sleep before the day turned into night. After all, Rei was planning a surprise attack when night fell.

"And that's it." Re concluded his plan.

It was simple. Rei got his information of three buildings that the Akari Ki were inhabiting. Two small buildings in the city and a large one almost on the edge of the city. The plan was simple. Rei was going to tip off the Doves to one of the smaller buildings. Then you guys were going for the other smaller one. The large building will be last.