ch.6

Keefe's pov

I met Biana yesterday. She seemed happy. She didn't deserve happiness. Not after what she did to my best friend Fitz. We all met at evergen and surprisingly, even Marella came. Marella dosen't go outside much. We talked a little and I noticed Biana crying. Then Linh followed her upstairs. Linh hated Biana. So why was she being so nice?

A call came from Sophie. "Hey Keefe."

I smirked. A thing I hadn't done in a long time." Hey Foster. Why did you calll me? Ooh! You're missing me like crazy. I can feel your emotions from here." I teased.Even though it was teasing, Foster's face went super nova red.

"Relax Foster. I'm just teasing!"

Sophie smirk-glared at me." I was going to ask you about something."her face turned serious.

"Shoot."

"Do you think Biana's lying?"

I sighed. "Of course she's lying!"

"But she seemed innocent back then....."

"All bad guys lie. Take Mr. Forkle for instance! He lied to us for-I don't know-how many years with a straight face!" I still couldn't belive Mr. Forkle-if that's his name, betrayed us like that.

Sophie mumbled somthing." Yeah I guess so...." Her face frowned in concern."You're doing ok, Keefe?"

"Yeah. How about you?" This was a lie of course. I hadn't gotten much sleep lately and I had nightmares every single night.

"Ummm.....yeah! I'm doing great too!"Foster was so bad at lying.

"You aren't. Right?"

"Yeah......It's not only me! You were lying too!"

"Yep....I was. How did you figure I was lying?" After all, she is the 'infamous Oblivious Sophie Foster'.

"I heard it from Ro."

"Ro?"

"Yeah. She said you were having nightmares and all." She frowned. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because.....I didn't want to worry you after losing Fitz." Fitz was dating Sophie when he died. They weren't in a great relationship, but they cared about each other. Fitz's death tore the Keeper team apart and we aren't really communicating that much.

Sophie flinched when I said Fitz. "But Keefe....I care about you." She blushed."I mean we all care about you." She added quickly.

"It's okay Foster. I know you care about me."I flashed my trade mark smile. But this smirk had a little sad feeling. I had a crush on Sophie ever since we met, but after the trauma of losing Fitz, I don't think she'll ever open up to me.

"Ummm........"

"Anyway, enough about me. You said you aren't doing great too."

The blond girl bit her lip."About that......I have nightmares too."

"Yay! We can be nightmare buddies!" I told a joke to lighten her up.

Her face relaxed a bit. "Keefe, this isn't somthing to joke about."

"Yup I know. What dreams were you having?"

Her bottem lip quivered.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me." I said. I could tell talking anout her dreams made her uncomfortable.

"No" she said."I'll tell you. I've been seeing Fitz in my dreams. It's the same dream every night. He's screaming,"Save me Sophie!" And I reach to help him but I can't save him and the dreams always end with Fitz dying infront of my eye. And that makes me feel the guilty. Guilty because I couldn't save him." She broke into sobs.

"Hey Foster look at me."

She looked up to see me. I realized her face was puffed up because of the crying. Not because of this one, but I think she cried almost every night.

"It's gonna be okay. Think happy thoughts. It's okay to have fun. I think Fitz will approve."I assured her.

She smiled faintly at me. "Thanks Keefe. Now, what's you're dream?"

"Ummm.....well, you know my mom died at the war between Black Swan and the Neverseen. I have these dreams about her coming back to life and killing...."My voice broke. "I don't think I'll be able to tell you this...."

"Try." She said.

"Okay." I took a shaky breath and let it out. "In my dream, my mom wasn't chasing me. She was chasing y-you. I don't know why, but she killed you. Right in front of me. And I couldn't save you as you fell into my arms, dead." I had to be brave in front of Foster, but I cried.

"Hey, it's okay Keefe. It's just a dream."

I stopped crying." Yeah I know but.....It's the same dream every night. And you have those guilt filled dreams too."

Her face scrunched up. She was thinking of somthing. I'll come over to your house right now." And with that, she ended the call.

"Wait-what? I didn't even clean up my-"

Foster came."Did someone die in here?" She joked. Her face turned sad again. "Oh yeah. Right. I shouldn't be joking about this."

"Sooo......What are we solving this time?" I smirked. And this time, it was a real smirk.

Woah! 827 words? This is long. For me. This chapter had a little bit of Sokeefe fluff! And what do you think happened to Fitz? He's dead but.....?idk😂 Thanks for reading my story!