XIV. The Sickness Called Despair

In the Karsten's mansion, Subaru can be seen doing some training with Wilhelm not only to improve but to draw out all the frustration he got after his conversation with Emilia. He remembers everything that he said to her and in reality, he got knocked by Wilhelm away.

"That hurts. I feel sorry for him." Priscilla laughed. Everyone got annoyed by her reaction including Rem who furrowed her eyebrows so hard against her. Emilia looked down and can't think of any response to her reaction.

"Anytime now, he'll be here." Nezuko said.

"Who?" Rem asked.

"Shall we stop for now?" Wilhelm asked. He remembers what Emilia said to her and he puts his forearm to his eyes after getting knocked out by Wilhelm. Ferris can be seen looking from the window and recalls their conversation from before.

"I swear, Julius, your good nature is going to waste, going out of your way to play the villain for someone like him." Ferris said on Julius in a flashback.

"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about." Julius replied.

"Why would you go and get yourself punished trying to protect a guy like that? It's foolish!" Ferris said.

"I only acted as I pleased, true to my own nature. Righteously, in my own way, and without shame, as I wished." Julius said.

"You really looked like a villain out there, Mr. Knight!" Cain said.

"Subaru-kun didn't have a chance to fight back because what you did against him is what bad guys do!" Petra said.

"Look, the kids have spoken, Julius." Ferris said.

"I'm sorry but what happened has already happened. And I admit, I went too far against him." Julius said.

"Are you sure about this? Old Man Wil is busy preparing too." Ferris said on Crusch who can be seen doing some paper works.

"It was a request from our guest. I cannot ignore it." Crusch said.

"If they're just practicing, it's nyo big deal, but... Frankly, it appears to me he's just making excuses." Ferris said while closing his eyes.

"Excuses?" Crusch asked.

"He wants to say, "I'm just fine. I'm working hard." Ferris said.

"Can you blame him?" Crusch asked. Ferris looked at the window and he saw Reinhard talking to the guards on the gate.

"Reinhard-sama?" Rem asked.

"I did my best to get him along with Julius, but it was no good if I remember." Reinhard said.

"You allowed them to rest to your mansion, Crusch? So sincere of you." Anastasia said.

"Ew! You let a gutter like him rest to your territory? Aren't you feel ashamed that you let an embarrassing brat like him inside your home?" Priscilla asked.

"What's wrong with that, Priscilla?" Crusch asked.

A new opening for the Re: Zero can be seen as crows flying in circles in the sky. And deep down below them is Subaru who can be seen lying under the sea and remembers all the things he and Emilia argued. He wakes up in a deep place and now the Re: Zero title appears.

"Wh-What's he doing underwater?" Rem asked in worry.

"That's a new opening! I hope you liked this one! And you'll see what kind of sufferings will Subaru face in the future! Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed. Tissues appeared from the sides of their chairs.