twenty one

"Good morning." Elena grins before passing me a plate made up with chocolate chip pancakes. I happily take the plate and sit as she turns to the fridge to get out milk. I was too distracted by my favorite food and the smell of pancakes to question her sudden enthusiasm.

Jeremy sat across from me and gave me a look of confusion. I noticed bacon and eggs sat in front of him and a glass of orange juice which happened to be his favorite breakfast food.

"Is there a reason for making us special breakfast?" Jeremy speaks up, just as Elena pours me a glass of milk.

"What? Of course not! Can't a girl just make her favorite siblings a nice meal?" She says with a smile as me and Jeremy both give her a look.

Her smile drops slightly and she sighs. "Okay it may or may not be an apology breakfast. For everything that has happened." She says, taking a seat in between us.

Suddenly a small wave of guilt washes over me as I think about the other night and how I acted. My face drops slightly. Although Elena was in the wrong I did take things a bit too far.

I took my feelings out on her. Even despite that she was there to help me during the whole ordeal last night.

I decide to speak.

"You shouldn't have. I should be the one apologizing." I say with a sigh as Jeremy again looks at the two of us in confusion.

"What happened?" He says his eyebrows furrowed. Elena looks towards me almost pleading with me not to tell Jeremy. I look back to him.

"Elena um...broke my hair dryer. My anger got the best of me and I said and did things I didn't mean and that were way out of line." I said, now directing my eyes to Elena.

"No Scar, I should've never- uh... borrowed your hair dryer and broke it. I knew it was important to you-"

"No I'm sorry. Its just a hair dryer. You're such a good sister and I shouldn't have lashed out over one mistake."

"Its my fau-"

"Okay seriously are you guys gonna keep going back and forth?" Jeremy breaks up the conversation, reminding me of his presence.

"Depends." I joke with a small smile as he only rolls his eyes.

"So what's on the agenda today anyways?" I ask, turning my attention to Elena.

"I guess I'm about to find out." She says, looking down at her phone as it started ringing.

"Bonnie?"

"Not gonna lie, kinda gross." I say, examining the face of the man who laid in the coffin in front of me. His skin tone almost looked grey and dark blue veins covered him. A dagger was wedged into his chest.

"That's Elijah." Bonnie speaks from behind me as I raise an eyebrow.

"So who are the others?" Elena asks as I step away from the coffin and carefully close it. The sight of dead (undead??) guys kinda makes me uneasy.

As it should.

"Two other brothers. And this one we just can't open. My dream is telling me it will help us kill Klaus." I look to the coffin as Bonnie points to it.

Creepy.

"What could it even be?" I ask stepping closer to the coffin and knocking on it out of curiosity. "Anybody home?" I joke before I hear a voice behind me.

"Boo." I jerk away from the coffin and turn to Elena who had burst into laughter.

"So funny." I say with a playful glare before giving her a small push. Her laughter comes to a halt as a familiar face enters the room.