Chapter 22

Jeongyeon pov

"I like you"

I choked.

I'm still processing what he said. I misheard it, right?

"What?"
I took another bite from my sandwich.

"I like you" He stared at me and I laughed.

"As a friend, right?"

"No"

"Jimin if this is a prank, I swear-"

"I'm serious"he said.

I don't know how to react. I always appreciated the things he did for me but I just see him as a friend, nothing more.

"Jimin I like you too but only as a friend. I'm sorry I-"

"I know you don't feel anything for me. You like Jinyoung and I respect that. I didn't say this to make you feel bad or guilty. I just wanted you to know how I feel because I don't think I can hide it anymore"he said. I could see in his eyes that he's hurt and sad but he's still smiling at me.

"You're probably not gonna talk to me anymore after this" he chuckled and looked down. I don't know what to do so I just took another bite from my sandwich.

"Why wouldn't I talk to you anymore? You also mean a lot to me" I said. I felt his hand on my cheek, it made me look at him. I suddenly felt nervous. I felt him wipe something off from my lips.

"There's a mayonnaise. You're still careless" he giggled. I can't help but smile.

"Don't treat me differently after this, okay? Just act like what you always do" he said. I just nodded. I don't know what to say.

After a while, we cleaned up and started to walk home. It became silent the whole time. I finally reached my dorm.

"Goodnight" I said.

"Can you give me chance?" he asked.
I blinked a few times.

"What do you mean?"

"Uhmm a chance to show you how much you mean to me and then maybe you can decide if I'm just really a friend" he answered. I don't know what to answer. It's not bad, right? But I always felt that I was special to him. I nodded.

"Thank you. I hope you won't feel bad about me. Don't think about my feelings, okay? Focus on yours" he smiled.

"I should go in now. Go home safe" I waved at him and watch him leave. My dear heart, what are you gonna do now?

I opened the door and went inside. Jihyo and Nayeon eonnie suddenly ran to me.

"So how did it go?"

"What happened?"

They asked questions. I'm not in the mood right now. I'm still trying to process what happened.

"I'm tired" I replied and they nodded. I walked inside my shared room with Momo. I sat in the bed with a thump.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm gonna tell you something. Promise me you won't tell anyone" I pleaded.

"I promise"

"Jimin confessed to me" I said. She gasped.

"I honestly don't know how to deal with it and there's school tomorrow" I added.

"What do you feel though?" she asked.

"I don't know. I don't know what to do" I replied. How am I supposed to face him tomorrow?

"He also told me to give him a chance to show me how I mean to him" I said.

"Oh my gosh. That's cute" she giggled. I looked at her in disbelief.

"You're so lucky that Park Jimin likes you. He's like the sweetest person on earth" she clapped her hands. I chuckled.

~Next day~

I feel nervous going to school. How do I face him? What am I gonna say? What am I gonna do?

First class is about to start but I still didn't see him. Only Taehyung. The class started and he's still not here. Maybe he's just late but he never was.

What if he's crying in their dorm because of me? What if he's harming himself?

When the first class ended, I approached Taehyung.

"Hi" I greeted.

"Hey"

"Where's Jimin?" I asked.

"He won't be able to go to school today" he replied.

"Why?"

"He's sick"
I felt worried.

"Is someone taking care of him?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Don't worry, we gave him medicine already. He's probably sleeping now" he assured.

"Tell him to get well soon" I said.

"Sure"

~dismissal~

I returned some books to the library and I passed by the storage room. I smiled when I remembered what happened before. We had a childish argument and ended up being friends. I can still recall how warm his blazer felt and when his face was close to mine.

Why am I thinking about this?

"Jeongyeon"someone called.

"Can you eat with me? My treat"Jinyoung asked.

"That sounds great" I agreed.

"I also have something to tell you"

A/N:
Hi everyone~
I'm sorry I just updated now because I got busy with school works. Anyways, I hope you liked it!
Stay safe and thanks for reading ❤️