25. I KNOW HOW STUBBORN YOU BOTH ARE

| CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE |

I KNOW HOW STUBBORN YOU BOTH ARE.

THE GREAT HALL LOOKED ABSOLUTELY magical. The charmed ceiling was dark with snowflakes that disappeared just before they hit the floor. Not only that, but the snowflakes themselves weren't even cold and when they fell into Cass' black locks they didn't leave her hair a wet mess.

There was the biggest Christmas tree Cassiopeia had ever laid her eyes upon smack down in the middle of the Hall. It was practically overflowing with different decorations, both muggle and wizard ones. Fairies flew around it, all of them wearing elf costumes. 

There was tinsel almost everywhere. From the tree to the walls and even on some tables and Christmas carols were playing quietly in the background. However, what was the thing that topped off this Christmas filled cake was the fact that Dumbledore wore a Father Christmas hat with a matching red robe. 

"Not bad is it?" The black haired girl asked as she and Regulus entered the Hall together, there was a handful of students from each house already in there and much to Cass' surprise, there were more children there than she expected.

Regulus had been looking at the Great Hall in awe - just like Cass - before he glanced down at his older sister, "Much better than home," He stated as the pair strolled slowly towards the Slytherin table. 

"That's not hard though, is it," Cassiopeia said rhetorically as she took the opposite seat to her younger brother, her eyes lighting up when she noticed the delicious food spread across the tables.

The two Black children enjoyed their time together. They hadn't spend that much of it with one another during the term so this Christmas break was perfect for them as they chatted and laughed together, just like the old times. Well, almost, one certain sibling was missing from this equation. 

 As the Slytherin girl stuffed her face with the delicious Christmas dinner, a snowy white owl suddenly appeared besides her, nipping at her fingers, "Hey!" She exclaimed, snatching her hand away from the bird.

"Who's owl is that?" Regulus questioned, a puzzled expression on his face as he observed the bird.

"Potters," Cass told him, when she noticed a letter wrapped around the owl's foot she reached out carefully. The bird pecked her finger once again as she snatched the letter from him, shoving some foods towards the angry bird.

Cassiopeia carefully opened the envelope, her eyes reading the messy words scribbled across the parchment. Before even reaching the bottom, she instantly knew Sirius was the writer; his writing was incredibly posh yet messy at the same time. With a sigh, the black haired girl read the words.

'When were you going to tell me you were staying at Hogwarts for CHRISTMAS?! Come on, Cass, I've told you before - we've all told you before - you're more than welcome to come with us for every and any term break. I'm warning you, I'm going to talk your ear off and persuade you to come with us next break.

And even though I wish we could spend Christmas together, I suppose we have next year. I hope you have a good time anyways, and I'll see you soon.

I love you Cass, Merry Christmas.

Your favourite sibling, 

Sirius.

P.S. James' owl has gotten angrier so don't forget to feed him, especially when you receive your presents from us.'

"Who's it from?" Regulus' voice pulled her out of her mind.

Cassiopeia folded the letter up, "Sirius," She didn't miss the fact that Regulus rolled his icy blue eyes at this and she let out a sigh, "When are you two going to put your differences aside?"

Regulus scoffed, "Probably never. You know how stubborn he is."

Cass rolled her eyes, "I know how stubborn you both are," She mumbled, suddenly feeling saddened by the fact that she was most likely never going to feel the relationship she once had with both of her brothers. They weren't ever going to hang out together again, or spend their holidays with one another. It would never be Cassiopeia, Sirius and Regulus ever again. 

Regulus saw the distant look in his sister's eyes and he suddenly felt guilt bubbling in his stomach. But, he had tried to talk to Sirius, it wasn't his fault that his only brother seemed to ignore him whenever he was near. It wasn't his fault that the grey eyed boy seemed to only glare at him, but the look on Cassiopeia's face definitely made the guilt more real.

"Come on, let's go play Exploding Snaps," Regulus finally said after several minutes of an awkward silence. He placed his cutlery down and stood up, holding his hand out to his sister.

Cass pocketed the letter before grabbing his hand and letting him help her up. The two siblings walked back out of the Great Hall together, the tension around them was much more somber now though, however that all washed away as soon as the cards came out.