Chapter 9: Get Out Alive

I'm sorry for all of these notes that I'm leaving at the start of the stories, but I feel like it let's you guys know me a little better and I want to be straight forward with all of you. I really appreciate seeing all of the comments, and waking up to see even more reads and votes is just astounding. I want to keep doing whatever I can to keep you guys entertained and hooked.

With that being said, I gotta ask, how do you guys feel about the length of the chapters? I think I'm doing enough to put a good amount of story in each, but would you guys like to see more writing in each chapter? Please let me know, and enjoy this chapter!

"Oh fuck, they're piling on this fence over here. It won't hold!" Ellie shouted, running now as she said that. The door wasn't budging, so the group went around and luckily found an unlocked window. "Go, everyone in!" Joel said as he opened it up, letting everyone filter through. After everyone got through, Joel started to go in, but was grappled by a clicker. Y/N reacted fast, shooting it off so Joel could get in the room, and they slammed the window shut.

Chapter 9

"That's not gonna hold!" Ellie claimed as she backed away from the window, Joel getting up from the floor. "Bill, make it fast!" He said quickly, looking at the clickers trying to bust down the window. Y/N was looking around rapidly, trying to find any thing to help barricade. This moment... he hated everything about this. Every nerve in his body was firing off signals, he needed to leave this.

But he couldn't leave these three being, not after he made a promise to Ellie. He had to get through this, they would make it out of this. "Y/N, help me with this!" Joel called, breaking the boy out of his trance. Ellie and Joel were trying to push a shelf in front of the door, so Y/N ran over quickly and helped them. Joel and Y/N held the shelf on the door as infected banged against it, close to breaking it down.

"Please tell me you're done!" Joel struggled out, looking at Bill who seemed to be struggling with the hood slightly. Finally he was able to pry it open, but he said nothing when he did. For a second, the only sounds were the other three struggling against some infected. "It's empty." Bill breathed out, getting an immediate reaction from Joel. "What?" He shouted, getting off the shelf and quickly getting over to Bill. "It's fucking empty!"

"Guys!" Ellie said, Y/N and her just barely keeping the infected at bay. "Bill, where to?" Joel asked, looking at him. This mission was no longer about the battery, they just needed to see the light of day again. Bill stammered a bit, not giving an immediate answer. "Bill- where?!" Joel shouted, trying to snap him out of whatever state he was in. "Anywhere but here!" Bill said, making his way to another door that led into the school.

Joel mover over to Ellie, helping her away from the shelf. "Get ready to haul ass, both of you." He said starting to run as Y/N stayed to hold it for a second. The two got to the open door, and Y/N finally let go, sprinting through the door. Infected immediately forced their way through the barricaded door, rushing to get the group when Joel and Ellie shut the door on their face.

Joel held it for a moment, before walking off slowly while watching it. Luckily for them, this door would be able to hold off the infected. They were now in the school, looking down a hallway as they all backed up. "Fuck." Y/N breathed out, taking a moment to try and calm himself. "Let's... sneak around back." Bill said, still trying to collect himself from what just happened.

Joel walked through the hall first, crouching low when he saw a clicker up ahead. "We don't have time for sneaking, I don't know about you all, but I don't want to see how long that door holds." Y/N stated, pulling out his pistol as he sprinted forward. Running on adrenaline and fear, he didn't have time to think. He came up to a clicker, who screamed out when it heard him. Y/N jumped up, planting a foot on the locker next to him and jumping off, hitting the clicker and sending it to the ground. He put a round in its head to finish it off.