Chapter 7

------------------> "OH MY- What happened to you?" Cordelia laughed

Sirius glared at her, before plucking a chunk of apple from his hair. "I don't want to talk about it." 

"Yeah, but I do." She replied, helping him pluck another apple piece from his hair daintily. "What happened?" 

"James pranked me." He admitted grudgingly. "Why didn't you come to dinner today?" 

"I was reading a book in the dorm and lost track of time. I ate in the kitchens though, don't worry." Cordelia said as she tried to remember some cleaning spells. "And don't try to change the topic. What happened?" 

"The apple-pie exploded all over me." Sirius grumbled as he looked at his reflexion in a spoon. "I curse you for showing James where the house-elves are." 

"I'm sure he didn't prank you for no reason." Cordelia said. "What did you do?" 

"Nothing!" Sirius defended. "All I said was that in my personal opinion, Puddlemere United sorta stinks?" 

"Oh no." Cordelia said. "James and Olivia are very much alike in terms of Quidditch. Insulting their favourite team or player would be practical suicide." 

"Still-"

"What happened?" Troy laughed as he walked closer.

"Who are you?" Sirius asked rudely.

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Troy, meet Sirius. Sirius meet Troy." She introduced before turning to the newcomer. "A prank happened. Know any cleaning spells?" 

"Well, when you have parents who randomly bring very large, dangerous creatures into your house because they think it's 'cute', one does tend to familiarise themselves with some cleaning spells." Troy grinned as he took out his wand, pointed it at Sirius and muttered a spell.

All the apple chunks, juice and crust layer disappeared from Sirius. 

"Huh," Cordelia said. She smelt him. "It just smells like you wore apple perfume." 

"Thanks, mate," Sirius said to Troy.

"No worries," Troy replied grinningly.

"James is dead." Sirius declared. "On a scale of one to ten, how bad would it be if I-"

"Too bad. You'll get into trouble." Cordelia cut him off. "I say if you want to make him pay, you need to do it more subtly. I know that you Blacks have a flair for the dramatics, but you want to tone it down a bit." 

"How did you even get pranked anyway?" Troy asked curiously.

"I may or may not have insulted Puddlemere United." Sirius replied.

Troy looked thoughtful. "You know," He began slowly. "If you really want to get him back, you should just use what he likes against him." 

"What- you mean I have to use his love for a Quidditch team against him? How could I- Like, what do you- Oh..." Sirius trailed off with a look of realisation. He gave Troy an appraising look. "I like you."