→CHAPTER THREE

—

THE REST OF THE PERIOD WAS FILLED WITH TENSE silence along with the sound of pencils hurriedly writing down answers on a sheet of paper.

After the incident between her, Karma, and Koro-sensei, Riku silently went back to her seat and took a nap.

It was safe to say that the class felt awkward after Riku's declaration. 

Sure, they don't know her that well on a personal level. But this was Akiyama Riku they're talking about. One of the smartest kids in the class - if not, the whole school. She was a girl of many moods, so there were times where they don't know how to approach her.

Today, though, they have learned one thing.

Akiyama Riku is not to be messed with.

The bell chimed, signaling the end of the period. Riku steadily woke up from her short nap and passed her paper forward before getting up from her seat and exiting the classroom, everyone's eyes following the back of her head until her figure disappeared into the halls.

Riku walked passed the faculty room and to the building's main entrance, stepping out of the old run-down place they call their "classroom".

She walked around the building, her eyes looking for a specific red-head.

Where is that sadistic bastard? She huffed as she climbed down the small hill, seeing that Karma wasn't anywhere near the old campus.

Heading further into the trees, she looked for any signs of devil life. Or was it supposed to be human life?

Riku shook her head, she knew it wasn't until she found him. After all, it's like a game of hide and seek. A childish game, sure - but still a game nonetheless.

Stopping to take a breather, Riku scanned her surroundings before looking up to the trees, hoping to find her best friend.

Her gaze landed on a tree on her far right. Spotting a mop of red hair, she let out a small sigh.

Approaching the tree, Riku watched as Karma sat on one of the tree's branches, relaxing. She watched him as he took deep calming breaths with his eyes closed, his slightly tanned skin glowing in the light of the sun that went pass the trees' protective shade.

"I was wondering when you would follow." Karma's voice brought the girl out of her reverie.

Riku crossed her arms and leaned her back against the tree's trunk. "I  hope you know what you're doing, Karma."

She watched as he got up from his comfy position on the tree branch before jumping down swiftly on the ground beside her.

"Of course I do. Just wait till' I show you all of my new tricks." Karma smirked. "You'll see. I'll be the one to kill that damn teacher."