.eighteen.

"Y/n?'

Y/n's eyes fluttered open, she felt weightless, as if she floating on air.

"Yes?"

"Ive missed you." Suddenly before her was a spirit, a being of light wrapped in whisps of light that flowed around it. The most beautiful spirit, one who's eyes were as soft as clouds, and smile as bright as the sun.

"Yue!" Y/n ran forward into the Spirit's arms, holding her tight and sobbing into her shoulder.

"You've been through a lot, big sister." She said, softly petting y/n's head.

"But soon your suffering is over, today is the eclipse, please be safe."

Y/n awoke with a start.

"Another dream?" Iroh asked.

"Yes, today is the day." Y/n replied.

Y/n and Iroh spent the last month and a half training and preparing for the day they would finaly depart from the fire nation. They spent hours and days on end training on their owns, all for the day that they would break out of the metal prision that held them captive.

"Iroh?" Y/n called out, sitting next to the bars that separated their cells.

"Yes?"

"Thank you. for everything, for still being here." She said softly.

"You're family to me, I would never leave you alone." Iroh smiled, reaching out to hold her hand.

"I dont remember my father, but I've always felt like you filled that void, I could never repay you, for the guidance you've given me."

___________

Later that day, after the eclipse, the prison cells were empty, eerily empty. The only thing that remained there were scorch marks on the walls and broken bars, eveidence of an intense struggle. There were stray pieces of armor or entire unconscious guards laying aroung the floor and the hallways. Y/n and Iroh were gone, and they wouldn't ever return.

Y/n was on her own again, all on her own.

"Take this. The map will lead you home." Iroh said before embracing her tightly.

"Lead me home? My home was destroyed years ago." Y/n said softly to herself. Looking onto the vast landscape of the remote fire village she resided in, she realized this was her chnce. Ther opportunity to leave everything behind and finally feel free. And whatever was on this map couldn't possible be that bad, if Iroh was willing to send her there.
"Why not then? I've got the time." She mumbled to herself.

She wasn't good, she wasn't bad, she was herself, ready to take on the world again. With a new rejuvenated smile, y/n snuck over to a stable. Quietly she unhooked one of the ostrich-horses and strapped a saddle to it. Hiking up her dusty gree kimono, she threw the holster for her two katana's over the saddle and mounted the animal.

She rode west all day until the sun was beginning to set. Deciding to rest for the night.

Tying a rope that was connected to the saddle to a tree, y/n made a small climb up to a low branch. She gave a soft pat to the ostrich horse's head, leaning back to look up at the stars.

"Y/n, do you think the stars can see us?"

"Of course they can Zuko. That's why they twinkle everynight, for people like me and you who are still awake to see them."

"I wish I was a star." Zuko said quietly, wrapping his arms around y/n.

"You're a start to me, the brightest one in the sky."

A small tear slipped down her face as her eyes fluttered closed.