9. The breakup

Namjoon POV
After laying with Y/N for a while, I helped her get dressed, she was so much better than I expected but it had sparked something inside of me. I knew my relationship with Lia wasn't strong. Her feelings were stronger than mine and we had been through plenty of arguments in the two years that we had been dating. However we had both stuck with it, telling ourselves that this relationship was perfect. But we both knew it wasn't. We had been teetering on the edge of a breakup for months now, and this was the final breaking point.

I spent half an hour looking for Lia, eventually finding her on the rooftop, staring out at the city beyond. The sun was beginning to set and her tall, slim figure was illuminated by the orange coloured sun light. She turned around, hearing my footsteps approaching. Her beautiful face was tear stained and her eyes were swollen and red. I felt guilty seeing her like this, partly knowing it was my fault.

"I shouldn't have agreed to this," I sighed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her shivering form towards me. Lia shook her head, "it's not your fault, I chose this, I put this upon you," she smiled sadly as another tear escaped her sore eyes. "I don't love Y/N, this makes no difference to our relationship Lia," I tried to explain, but even I knew that I was lying.

She turned to look me in the eyes. "Namjoon, don't lie. I can see that you like her, I can see it in your eyes, by he way you talk to her. You made love with her earlier, you treated her like she was your wife not just a friend. You said things to her that you never said to me. This has ruined our relationship but it's okay. It's not your fault, I decided to try out this kink therefore this is my responsibility." Lia explained, tears falling from her eyes.

I pulled her body into mine, holding her tightly as I kissed the top of her head. She was shorter than me and her head rested perfectly into the crook of my neck. "I'm so sorry Lia, I love you." I sobbed, my body shaking and my heart aching more with every passing second. "I'm sorry too, and I love you. But we have to break up," she sighed, pulling away from me with an exhale.

I shook my head, "we can work this out Lia baby, please don't do this!" But she just frowned, turning her back on me and beginning to walk towards the staircase. "We are over Namjoon. Go get Y/N, you two will look good together," Lia smiled sadly. I could hear the jealousy and heartbreak in her voice, it was gut wrenching. She left the roof, leaving me standing there in the darkness. The sunlight had faded, leaving me cold and alone, just like my heart.