XXVIII| "I thought we were family,"

Absolutely not edited

Melody

"Cayden! Put the god damn spatula down and grab some water!" I yell, staring at the fire increasing in the pan,

"Why are you just standing still!" He shouts back, turning to glare at me, next thing I know he throws the spatula in the fire...

"CAYDEN!! Why did you do that!? You idiot!" Panicking I look around for a jug, catching Cayden just staring at the fire with a grimace expression.

I grab a glass from the sink and filling it with water and putting it to the side, "Cayden grab the pan!"

He looks confused but grabs a cloth and picks up the pan, running towards the sink and dropping it in, finally putting an end to this disastrous lunch.

I slowly turn towards Cayden, who was just blinking at the brunt pan, "you owe me a pan, oh and a spatula," I say, glaring at him.

He finally looks towards my murderous glare and nods, "yeah...I'll buy you new pan and spatula..."

I raise my brow at him, "and how will you do that, with your fancy new anklet?"

He looks down at his ankle monitor, twisting his ankle to get a good look, "does look a bit fancy, doesn't it?"

"No," I deadpan,

He sighs, "don't worry, I promise I'll buy you a whole new set,"

I shake my head at him, just deciding to go with coffee instead, "I thought you knew how to cook?"

He shrugs, getting the mugs, "I do but you were distracting me," so now it's my fault...?

I gasp, "how even? I didn't even do anything,"

"You smiled," he says, taking me by surprise. I attempt at holding my laugh in as I shake my head at him. God, why do I love this idiot.

It's been almost two months since I finally confessed, in 3 days Cayden would finally be free. We could actually go out as a real couple, go on real dates even though I really like the ones Cayden sets up in the back yard, but we can step out the house, together!

I feel like a flick on my forehead, "ow!" I look up with a glare while rubbing my forehead in pain.

"Where are you lost?" He asks, getting the packet mac and cheese out the counter.

"Nowhere," I mutter while frowning up at him,

Cayden sighs, "Anyways, how does 5 min Mac N cheese sound?"

After finishing dinner, we cuddled in front of the tv watching movies and enjoying each other company, until a knock on the door had to disturb our peaceful Sunday.

"Don't tell me," I groan, not wanting to get up from my comfy place, snuggling closer to Cayden. Sighing loudly, I finally get up to the door, ignoring Caydens laugh.

"Don't you guys have a house?" I shout from the other end of the door, before opening it.

"We do," Smirks greets, "this one," he smiles, walking in, followed by the usual lot.

"Hey," Nice greets with his soft smile, while E just holds his hand up.

Shaking my head I close the door and follow them to the front room, where Cayden was now sat up.

I look up at the clock above the tv, "it's literally 8, why are you guys here so late?"

"It's not that late, the days just started," Smirks smiles, sitting on the other end of the couch.