FAQ

Hi all!

To celebrate the end of Book One of the Harm and Harmony series, I did a FAQ (frequently asked questions).

You can ask me about this book, the sequel, me, or anything else you are interested in knowing.

Either post your questions in the comments or inbox me if you wish to remain anonymous and I will answer on this page (unless it's too personal or inappropriate of course).

Thank you for reading!

-Blair

When will Book Two be published?

The second book will be published and start updating on the 3rd of August 2020. This gives me a month to properly plan out the entire story and get some chapters ready in preparation. I would have released it sooner however as I will be returning back to work in July I will have less time to write. 

How many books are going to be in the series?

There will be no more than four books in the series. I want to try and keep it to three books but I am still unsure if I'm going to have to extend it to four. It all depends on how many words it takes to finish the story whilst keeping it at a decent pace.

How many chapters will the sequels have?

The sequels will have considerably fewer chapters as they will be longer. When I first joined Wattpad I heard that people preferred shorter chapters so I kept my chapters roughly 1000 words. But it seems people actually prefer them to be longer so the sequels will have 3000-word chapters instead so that would roughly be 40 chapters each.

How did you come up with the idea for this book?

I was binge reading the webcomic Lore Olympus which made me want to write my own Hades and Persephone inspired story. Corinna is derived from the name Kore which was Persephone's original name before she became the queen of the Underworld.

A lot has changed from my original draft of the story so there aren't as many similarities now than there were to the Hades and Persephone myth. It has taken more inspiration from Beauty and the Beast.

But the main premise has still stayed the same throughout. I wanted a female Beast as I feel that there few female monsters in fiction and that they are more likely to look just like humans. I found that a lot of readers referred to Harmony/ The Chimaera as a 'he' before her pronouns were revealed even though I wrote her with gender-neutral ones.

Why does Queen Corinna seem so fond of Corinna? Will we find out in later books?

There are a few reasons why Queen Corinna seems so 'fond' of Corinna Warren. I can't tell you these reasons as I don't want to spoil it all. You might pick up a couple of hints throughout this book but it'll be clearer and obvious in the second book and more so in the third as we delve into the queen's perspective more.