eight | banishment

Astrid woke up with a terrible headache

Astrid woke up with a terrible headache. At first she thought she was still at camp until she felt nails digging in her thigh.

She opened her eyes slowly and saw one of Murphy's posse's carrying her through the woods. The next thing she felt was the blood that was dripping from her head on her left cheek.

She groaned loudly catching the attention of the group that came to a stop. She was dropped on the ground and for a moment all the air left her lungs. Then she took long gasps of air as the teenage boys laughed at her.

''Looks like the Queen's awake'' Murphy sneered and grabbed her chin roughly. Astrid winced but kept her mouth shut.

"Charlotte! Come out from where ever you are!" Murphy shouted as one of the boys grabbed Astrid's forearm and dragged her after them.

Not long after, Astrid heard Charlotte scream for Murphy and her heart stopped. What was that idiotic child doing? She is going to get herself killed.

The group came to a stop when they saw Bellamy and Charlotte near a cliff, nowhere else to go.

Astrid was behind them so she couldn't hear what Murphy and Bellamy were talking. One moment she was trying to blink away the pain in her head, not even minding the blood on her face anymore, then in a second Murphy grabbed her arm , brought her back to his chest and put a knife at her throat. Clarke and Finn soon emerged from the woods and stopped to look at the commotion.

Astrid gasped and tried to pry the knife away from her neck but it was no use. She met Bellamy's eyes that held anger and fear, then Charlotte's that held regret.

''Let her go'' Bellamy shouted, anger clear in his voice as his eyes darted between the knife and Astrid's bloodied face.

''I will slit her throat'' Murphy sneered and pushed the knife harder into Astrid's neck, making her wince in pain when she felt blood flowing down her neck.

''No. Please don't hurt her"' Charlotte pleaded, her voice breaking.

''Don't hurt her? Okay. I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go'' Murphy said, pushing the knife slightly harder in Astrid's neck.

''Charlotte don't you dare fucking move'' Astrid shouted once she saw Charlotte try to move forward. only to be stopped by Bellamy.

''No! No, I have to! I can't any of you get hurt. Not after what I did.'' Charlotte said and mouthed and apology to Astrid.

''Charlotte!'' Astrid screamed when she saw Charlotte jump off the cliff. Murphy, shocked by what happened, let the knife from his hand fall and took a step back.

Astrid rushed to the edge of the cliff and looked down, only to be met with darkness. Her tears and blood mixed together as she muttered Charlotte's name continuously.

She turned around and saw Bellamy beating Murphy. She didn't even stop it. She just stood there and watched.

''Bellamy stop! You'll kill him!"' Clarke yelled at him ''Finn do something'' she yelled once again.